Hurricane Irma 2017

Travis In Austin

Prayed for her safety just now.  Wow, I can't imagine being on an island with a hurricane of this magnitude!  We are a bit nervous and we are quite a ways inland.

We tried to get her to come up here. Me and my two brothers tried like crazy to get her to let us go and get her but she insisted on staying. She is 81 and said she can't handle the long ride. We are all nervous as hell about this Thank you for your prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Prayers sent your way Michael.

If you have dogs be sure to.take them outside at the last possible moment.  Restrict their water and food so they don't have to go as much.  They have no idea what a hurricane is but when they need to go, they need to go.

The last hyrricane I stayed through I used foam ear plugs to help me sleep.   They really help.

10 hours ago, Youthman said:

Why is that?  The LaScalas are already 3' in the air.  Laying them across the RSW-15's seems like the best solution.

klipsch-lascala-trio-home-theater-build-

Very nice Yewt and be safe.  Having experienced 9 major hurricanes I would say forget the tape for windows.  You'll be fine.

• Moderators

Few people have reported power outages so I decided to unhook all electronics in the home theater and my 2ch setup.  Wind is picking up but nothing major here yet.  Should be hitting us very late this evening or super early on Monday.  Stinks it will be at night.  I would much prefer to see what is going on outside but I guess I don't get a choice.

• Like 3

• Moderators

This video is nuts.  This is our ocean....empty.  The storm has pushed a TON of water away from the shore.....as the storm passes through Tampa Bay, all of that water will come back in the form of Storm Surges and could wreak havok on Tampa Bay area.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Youthman said:

Stinks it will be at night. 

Yeah.  No fun anytime but worse at night.  However, it has it's charms if you are in the eye path.  Hearing the winds and rain rapidly die off and going out to see the stars above with a HARD circular delineation point where the eyewall is, and hearing dead silence and zero lights in the 4th largest city in the US was pretty remarkable during Ike.  But feeling the wind picking up and seeing a blackout line approaching from the south reminds you that you're only half done.

Dave

Those beaches without water is kind of odd looking. 

Glad it's dropped it's rating down to a 2....hopefully it doesn't pick up steam.

The Weather Channel's Mike Seidel was hanging onto a tree earlier today during his live remote. Those guys like to get right in it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RickFL said:

Rick here in the West Palm Beach area. Riding out the storm with my family and Havanese dog. Power still on.

Do you have any update, Rick?  From the pictures I've seen on TV it's hard to believe anybody would have power after the winds have hit.