Hurricane Irma 2017

Travis In Austin

1 minute ago, billybob said:

Here is hoping your folks made out alright too!

Thank you. My brother went to PCB Friday and brought my Dad back to Indy, he lives here also. A few did stay there but haven't had too much bad weather, just rain. I'm very relieved Irma lost a lot of her strength.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Is there any update from our Florida friends?  Do you have power?  Trees down?  Flooding?

If not we'll presume there is power out and they will check in as they can.

This morning I talked to my nieces husband who had to stay in Tampa during the storm.  They live right on the bay.  Their house is fine but lost one tree.   No electricity and no eta.  No flooding either.  They felt very fortunate. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

TONS of folks without power in Tampa, Plant City and Lakeland.  Several regained power today, but many are still without.  As you can see, only 56.9% in Tampa Bay have power which is only up 2.8% from 9hrs ago.  We were fortunate to not have lost power.  My sister and her family came over this evening to take a hot shower and when she went home, their power was restored.

Well the over sized pine trees did not fall down. But a lot of the branches did. We are very lucky that nothing got damaged
And everyone here is ok. We only lost power for 20 hours. That really put my 12 year old to the test of having no internet lol
Lol. We had cell service but it was very slow at best. I hope all my friends here made it though as well as me and my family did. God bless all of you and your family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We here in Savannah GA were very blessed to have been spared the worst of the storm. Prayers go out to all those affected by Irma. My Mom stayed in Marco Island (S.W. FL.). They got hit pretty bad but they survived with no major loss. It freaked me out when I was talking with her a couple days before the storm and she told me she was tired of running from hurricanes and she was staying right at home. She has lived in south FL all of her life, I have too. We have run from many hurricanes. She still lives down so she still has been running from for many years after I left. She survived. Many did not.

• Like 1

• Moderators
49 minutes ago, Mallette said:

From the morning paper no so sure that's the case in the Keys.

Dave

That's true, but when you live on small islands sticking right out on the side of a hurricane expressway you're taking more than an average chance to start with.

This is some shocking satellite pictures of islands hit with 185mph winds from Irma.

http://mashable.com/2017/09/12/hurricane-irma-islands-before-after-photos-reveal-destruction/#Jxw7crofDmql

• Thanks 1