Pick ONE, and ONLY one, Steely Dan LP

Travis In Austin

MANY years ago, i met this dude at my sister’s house. He was married to my sister’s friend. He was a guitar player, and had worked with Walter Becker and Donald Fagen.  

I’m not sure on which album though. I’m racking my brain trying to remember the guy’s name and i’m drawing a blank. i’d text my sister and ask; but, then i’d get all those “how are you” questions that i don’t like to answer. :D I guess this post of was no significance. 

• Like 1

"FM" was always one of my favorites by them (Josie is THE Favorite), but was never listed on a studio CD. You HAD to go buy one of their Greatest Hits CDs to get FM. I found a copy of their "A Deceade of Steely Dan " CD available on "Ultimate Master Disc" 24k gold.

• Moderators
On 9/4/2017 at 0:50 PM, jimjimbo said:

Ah, ok, I'll check it out since I have a lot of time on my hands at the moment....thanks.

@jimjimbo Check this article out, the video at the top I found very interesting abiut the musical theory behind Deacon Blues.

The secind video I believe is a cut from the VH1 documentary we were talking about earlier.

http://www.openculture.com/2016/04/how-steely-dan-wrote-deacon-blues.html