KLIPSCH R28F TWEETERS REPLACEMENT

Alex95

Hello. I bought a pair of r28f speakers a couple of months ago and unfortunately the tweeter of one of them sounded a little lower than the other( some high frequencies didnt sound at all). So i watched some videos on how to remove a klipsch tweeter to check if it was blown. In addition i've removed the tweeter and accidentaly cut off the diaphragm connection. At last I can't find a replacement tweeter .Do you happen to know the R28F tweeter code number cause the code number the reported tweeter has doesnt show any results on any shop ! Thanks.

21360974_1984272601862353_31472779_n.jpg

21396834_1984273145195632_567139745_n.jpg

21397017_1984272611862352_1519164919_n.jpg

Thank you all for your responses. I have a problem though. I called thrGreek klipsch distributor and he said that he cant help me cause i don't have a warranty on this item .I said to him though that i only want to order the tweeters from klipsch and pay for them and he refused again. Yesterday i sent a message to klipsch headquarters to report the incident and i am waiting an answer. 

Edited by Alex95
missspell

Klipsch should be able to square that away.  I've heard of issues with distributors and parts before - mainly international ones.  I'm not sure why that is.

At any rate, Klipsch should square you away.  I'd advise in the future that if an issue is with a product under warranty that you use the warranty - if at all possible.  Klipsch's is pretty decent, and they're generally really easy to work with on getting warranty replacements taken care of.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

thank you very much. One last question. The whole problem started cause i couldnt hear some high frequencies from the reported speaker. The R28F speakers i use are "Bi-Wired" .My system  includes :

My PC connected to the reiceiver via HDMI

2x Klipsch R28F Tower speakers

2x Klipsch R15M monitor speakers

1x Klipsch R12SW Subwoofer 

Denon AVR x3300W

Samsung 4K tv 49" connected via HDMI

what do you think could have caused the reported problem? And should i keep the speakers bi wired or leave them with a single wire and use the default gold bridge?

4 hours ago, Alex95 said:

thank you very much. One last question. The whole problem started cause i couldnt hear some high frequencies from the reported speaker. The R28F speakers i use are "Bi-Wired"

what do you think could have caused the reported problem? And should i keep the speakers bi wired or leave them with a single wire and use the default gold bridge?

Could have been a loose connection on the back end that caused the high frequency drop.  There's really no good reason that's agreed on to Bi-Wire - it generally just uses more wire and gives you little - if any conceivable - improvements.  There's no increase in power, and most receivers will have difficulties actually determining what the crossover should be set to.

6 hours ago, The History Kid said:

Could have been a loose connection on the back end that caused the high frequency drop.  There's really no good reason that's agreed on to Bi-Wire - it generally just uses more wire and gives you little - if any conceivable - improvements.  There's no increase in power, and most receivers will have difficulties actually determining what the crossover should be set to.

though i dont think it could be the connection because i changed the speakers from right to left without changing the wires and the missing frequencies remained on the same speaker. Although i dont know if the speaker didnt actually played the high frequencies or was just playing them in a lower volume.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/27/2017 at 3:56 AM, rebuy said:

Did you get replacement speakers?

I have some I took out of my speakers.

Their just sitting in a box with nothing to do.

1 inch aluminum drivers.

Rebuy, I need two R-28F tweeters and will take them if you are willing to part with them. If so, please text message me. I sent you a message with my cell #.

I recently noticed that the tweeters are distorting a bit and I'm fearful I've blown them. I suspect the culprit is that I'm running them as my front speakers from the Pioneer Elite VSX-45 A/V receiver that only puts out 80 Watts per channel. I've read on multiple forums that running low powered amps (80 watts per channel in this case) can fry higher powered speakers (150 watts RMS). Is that true?

Edited by ShookKlipsch

• 2 months later...