Epic CF-4's in Detroit Area

whell

Those are nice, they are rare, and according to the label they were born 1994, version 1.  The Holy Grail of Epic speakers.  

Are they worth $1000?  I've known people who paid more, and I know of CF-4's that were as nice which sold for less.

I'll refrain from valuing them here, but PM me if you want my valuation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, avguytx said:

He bought these from another AK'er a couple years back.  24 posts in 12 years.  lol.  Here's the original thread on them over at AK.  Nice speakers.

Yep, those are the ones, same s/n.  I quoted from that thread because not everybody is a member of AK.

If anyone is interested or knows of someone interested, I have a set of fabulous, rare, walnut, version 1 Epic CV-4's for sale. All drivers work perfect, serial numbers are 227497202 & 3. 5 inch tubes. Grilles are perfect, color is great, wood coloring is beautiful, sound is outstanding. One corner has a minor issue in the rear. Call me for pics., asking $1K. , Jim. (Mustang1)

• Like 1

I am such a sucker for good deals. I am going to have to start clearing stuff out. RB-81, RB-35, RC-52, SB-3, B-3, KV-3's, KV-2, KMC.....yikes. Until you put it on a board you don't fathom the amount of extra Shiite you have laying around...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Harder to sell Klipsch speakers on craigslist - I appreciate everyone posting those ads on here - helped me pick up my cherry CF-4 version 1's last year.  If these were Cherry - they would be on a truck headed to my house.  $1K for CF-4 version 1 speakers in this condition - very reasonable.

16 hours ago, unclefred said:

I think most of you guys live in fantasy land with a garage full of unfullfilled dreams, gathering dust. :lol:

You guys? Fantasy land? Unfulfilled dreams? 

I am happy to be one of the "you guys". It's working quite well so far. 

16 hours ago, unclefred said:

That's not a 'very reasonable' deal. It's more than most people would pay, get real. Not judging. :)

Reasonable deal / fair price is only what the seller and buyer agrees to, armchair coaches don't count. There are exceptions on prices in both directions. There have been a few people who prefer the CF4 over the Khorn in an AB test. Having seller's remorse from letting my Cherry CF4 V1 go and being Figured Walnut CF4 V1 in good condition, I would buy these if they were close.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Having seller's remorse from letting my (INSERT ALMOST ANY KLIPSCH SPEAKER HERE) Cherry CF4 V1 go and being Figured Walnut CF4 V1 in good condition, I would buy these if they were close.  

My friend, you are preaching to the choir.  

You should start a thread on Seller's Remorse and we'll all weigh in to cry on each other's shoulder.  :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1