Help with Heresy

GD60

Gents,

First time on the forum. I have some Heresy speakers that I'm likely looking to sell. Got them from my parents and now we're moving out of country. I've done the ole Ebay search and the type of Heresy I have seem to sell for a nice amount .If I do list through Ebay I would like to make sure I've done some due diligence and make sure what I have is worth the asking price. The speakers worked great when they were used last (more than a decade ago) They've been stored in a dry temperature controlled basement all its life. I dont even have the equipment to test them anymore. Is there anything I can visually inspect to verify its condition? Any thoughts on the attached? Any other shots I should take that would be helpful? I'm beyond a noob in this department so anything and everything is helpful. 

Cheers fellas!

PS. Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Mods feel free to move it to where it should be. 

Heresy 11.jpg

Heresy 2.jpg

Heresy 3.jpg

Edited by GD60
speeling

Welcome,

From the tag, your speaker appears to be oiled walnut made in 1982.  You were smart to take the back off to photograph the insides.  The speaker photographed looks very nice.  If both look that nice all over, they should sell toward the high end of the range for first series Heresy speakers.

More photos showing the condition of both would be helpful.  If you can find the worst ding, scratch, water ring, scuff, etc, to photograph, it will lend credibility to a sale.  If the worst cosmetic flaw is insignificant, potential buyers will be excited.

Where are you located?  Perhaps a nearby forum member could help you test them. If they were mine, worked, and look as nice as the photos, I wouldn't sell for less than $400 for the pair. They could bring twice that or possibly more, depending on your location, their condition, and your patience.

Testing them is important.  It helps a sale to say that all drivers function, especially the tweeters (smallest).  If getting together with a local forum member is impractical, consider taking them to a dealer for an appraisal, of sorts. A true appraisal could cost money and an ethical professional appraiser would not offer to buy them.  Rather than going that route, if you can take them to a reputable dealer of high quality audio, you should learn whether all drivers work and if they offer to buy them, you can probably double their wholesale offer to arrive at an approximate fair retail price. 

Feel free to send a PM (private message) if you want assistance.  Good luck with your sale.

• BTW, you misspelled "spelling." :rolleyes:

Super helpful. Thank you so much Diz. I'll look into something local here. I'm in Calgary Canada so chances are good no one from the forum is up there. I'll get some more shots and pop the front screen off as well. Thank you for your input Danny. 

Hang tight I'll get some pix and host them in the next day or so

• Like 1