All of you will think I'm crazy!

Futurist

I have now owned 5-7 sets of Klipsch, I just sold my RF82'S and got RF-3's.. They're ok... But I got some small SB-1 bookshelf speakers and the high end and clarity.. Seem

to be the best I have ever heard with my 12 inch klipsch sub.. I was always told the Synergy wasn't any good!... I don't believe what I'm hearing... maybe it's because it's not a big room???..

I'm so confused i thought for some reason the RF's would be better... Now I'm wonder if the Icon's sound this good???????... Because I have read they're like the Synergy line... 

The first and second generation Synergy's are actually extremely well designed and well built.  They are leaps and bounds better in SQ than later generations and the rest of the Best Buy line.  There were also series of Icon's that were ace above the rest - some even preferred them to RF's.

As for your 3's give them some extra space from the wall, EQ them properly, and if you have the chance, make sure the caps are replaced with fresh.  They should sing over the SB-1's.  Still, the second generation Synergy are no slouches.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, absolve2525 said:

Someone else discovers how great those Synergy SBs are! ☺️ I have some SB-3 and they are indeed killer. 

I think the clearly with the highs are the best I have ever heard... Better than RF-82 and RF-3.. Kind of enhanced but not fake sounding.. Super crisp it gave me chills!..    

• Moderators
On 9/6/2017 at 5:52 PM, Futurist said:

I was always told the Synergy wasn't any good!... I don't believe what I'm hearing... maybe it's because it's not a big room???..

On 9/7/2017 at 9:35 PM, absolve2525 said:

Someone else discovers how great those Synergy SBs are! ☺️ I have some SB-3 and they are indeed killer. 

My first Klipsch speakers were, SB-3, SC-1 and SS-I, I was surprised how good they were. We added on and made a good bit bigger living room, all of a sudden they were not sounding quite as good. Like you said in an appropriate size room they will surprise you.

And no I don't think you're crazy, it would take alot of nerve for me to say that, we kind of ran out of room for more speakers.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 10:11 PM, dtel said:

My first Klipsch speakers were, SB-3, SC-1 and SS-I, I was surprised how good they were. We added on and made a good bit bigger living room, all of a sudden they were not sounding quite as good. Like you said in an appropriate size room they will surprise you.

And no I don't think you're crazy, it would take alot of nerve for me to say that, we kind of ran out of room for more speakers.

They only made them for 1 yr but they have a tower speaker from the same line that should have a bigger sound.. Klipsch SF-3 with 2 woofers and 150 watts... What do you have now in it's place???... I want the same high end and clarity and can't find it in a 150 watt tower speaker.. 

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Futurist said:
On 9/12/2017 at 9:11 PM, dtel said:

They only made them for 1 yr but they have a tower speaker from the same line that should have a bigger sound.. Klipsch SF-3 with 2 woofers and 150 watts... What do you have now in it's place???... I want the same high end and clarity and can't find it in a 150 watt tower speaker.. 

I will start by saying, this hobby can be addicting. :o

After we added on our living room is 24' wide and 18' deep, and open another 16' from the deep side (dining room and kitchen), the space is 24' wide by 34'. just for an idea.

We went from the Synergy's to Forte ll's, then to Cornwall lll's, then lost our minds and went all out to MWM with the 402 horn. (wife's idea)

Now the forte ll's are for HT in the same room with another pair and a pair of original forte's for 6.1. The room does not seem as big anymore, but does sound great. The original SB-3 set up just was not the same in the bigger room, OK but not as good as it sounded in their original 12'x16' room.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dtel said:

I will start by saying, this hobby can be addicting. :o

After we added on our living room is 24' wide and 18' deep, and open another 16' from the deep side (dining room and kitchen), the space is 24' wide by 34'. just for an idea.

We went from the Synergy's to Forte ll's, then to Cornwall lll's, then lost our minds and went all out to MWM with the 402 horn. (wife's idea)

Now the forte ll's are for HT in the same room with another pair and a pair of original forte's for 6.1. The room does not seem as big anymore, but does sound great. The original SB-3 set up just was not the same in the bigger room, OK but not as good as it sounded in their original 12'x16' room.

Oh, cool.. In the year of 93 I heard Forte 2's and my life has never been the same.. I had a plastic boom box at the time.. I just remember it sounded amazing!... I think those are the speakers I have been looking for.. Do they have that super nice crisp high end?.. and clear sounding?... I wish I could hear them it's been 25 yrs..