The Wussification of college students

T2K

These extreme professors and teachers "molding" these impressionable minds  are creating the entitled and the weak normalizing severely irrational views.   This group of individuals just think that the louder they yell and the more they complain will magically make their unrealistic plight realistic.  (I have a three year old that thinks that way) 

Its truly crazy, but so is all the other social "boo hoo,"  "poor me" movements out there right now.  

2 hours ago, Max2 said:

These extreme professors and teachers "molding" these impressionable minds  are creating the entitled and the weak normalizing severely irrational views.   This group of individuals just think that the louder they yell and the more they complain will magically make their unrealistic plight realistic.  (I have a three year old that thinks that way) 

Its truly crazy, but so is all the other social "boo hoo,"  "poor me" movements out there right now.  

So is blaming professors for "warping" minds of people who are already young adults.  Believe it or not, a good school teaches people how to think for themselves, but it still begins with the parents.

• Like 1

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

So is blaming professors for "warping" minds of people who are already young adults.  Believe it or not, a good school teaches people how to think for themselves, but it still begins with the parents.

The parents.  

Begins and ends there.  

Nothing new at all about this generation of college kids, other then they are more informed and have access to more information than ever before. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, babadono said:

The mind of someone between 18 and 22 is not still developing?

Brainwashing usually works at least for a while, ask the North Koreans.

Brainwashing?  Hell, ask the americans.  

Look at the logic behind the blame the professors remark.  Is it not just another "boo hoo" "poor me" example, albeit from a third party perspective?

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Max2 said:

Boo hoo movements were the basis of how this Country was formed.  

Most 3-year-Olds are pretty adept at boo hooing their way into getting their needs met, like being fed when hungry, halting all that is happening around them to use a restroom, etc.

The Framers guaranteed that Boo Hoo movements would continue and be protected.  Whether they gain traction or not to the point where they effect change is a completely different story.

I have never see a poor me movement, except a lone individual standing on a corner with a sign about something that pertains to them alone.

A movement doesn't even have to be about people.  It can be the "poor whales" or the "poor dolphins."

One only needs to look into the background of the 26th amendment to see what movements are all about.

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

The best we could afford were Mickey's Big Mouths.

Schaffer's and Lucky brown bottles with the caps that had puzzles in the bottom.

Olympia.

Schlitz (brewery in town)

Pearl 

Some really bad beer until we hit Anchor Stream (other brewery in town).

46 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Schaffer's and Lucky brown bottles with the caps that had puzzles in the bottom.

Olympia.

Schlitz (brewery in town)

Pearl 

Some really bad beer until we hit Anchor Stream (other brewery in town).

Stroh's or Schlitz Malt Liquor (16 oz of course)