Klipsch Heresy Serial number decode help

Danny

You have walnut laquer (WL) speakers built in 1982 (X). They were the 113th unit built from lot 143. Each lot has 999 speakers. The lots and count of speakers is regardless of year, so yours is around the 142,085 Heresy built since they started production, not for the year.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 9/8/2017 at 6:59 AM, Staples said:

You have walnut laquer (WL) speakers built in 1982 (X). They were the 113th unit built from lot 143. Each lot has 999 speakers. The lots and count of speakers is regardless of year, so yours is around the 142,085 Heresy built since they started production, not for the year.

Hi,
Newbie here and sorry to jump in on this post ~3 months later but I was just now thinking about this and I was under the impression that the 3 digits preceding the Year code was the day of that year, as in 143x would have been the 143rd day of the year, Sunday, May 23, 1982. That's incorrect?

Thanks for getting me straight...

Mike

• 4 years later...
10 hours ago, fpsoa said:

Hello~ I have a set of Heresy speakers with serial 8554929. Type HII-DL or possibly OL instead of DL.

Can anyone give me more detail about they speakers. Many thanks!!

Looks like you have a pair of heresy II speakers from 1985 in an oak lacquer finish.

Many thanks. Do you know how I can get more detail about these? I have them paired with a Marantz 2245. The right channel started popping. I thought it was the speaker, but it does it with headphones as well. I'm going to have to take the receiver in to get serviced, in the meantime I'm looking for a stand in receiver to hold me over. The repair shop is 5mos out. Any suggestions 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fpsoa said:

Many thanks. Do you know how I can get more detail about these? I have them paired with a Marantz 2245. The right channel started popping. I thought it was the speaker, but it does it with headphones as well. I'm going to have to take the receiver in to get serviced, in the meantime I'm looking for a stand in receiver to hold me over. The repair shop is 5mos out. Any suggestions 

It sounds like your receiver needs to have the potentiometers deoxed (volume, balance, bass, treble, and midrange knobs). What other information are you looking for? 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, fpsoa said:

You have two options:

1. Buy a new receiver, something with the features and power you want. Maybe you want to upgrade to a receiver with subwoofer management, or one with a remote.

2. Check your local craigslist. You may just want a "placeholder" while your current receiver gets repaired. Nothing fancy, exotic, or new. You'll be surprised what's available, at attractive prices. It need not be your perfect receiver, just enough to meet your needs until you get your beloved receiver back from the hospital.

When your primary receiver is repaired, you'll put the placeholder back in the box until the next time it's needed.