TasDom

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

You could hardly ask for a better day and night in Dallas today, yet the roof is closed for the game.  Pro sports are every bit as wussified  as college students, and if anything have been ahead of the trend.

Ya' think Jerry passes out trophies when they loose? I mean over and above game checks? 

Texans and the Bengals tonight. Brian Cushing of Houston just got a 10 game suspension for using PEDs. He is not going to appeal the decision. I think JJ Watt should kick his butt.

I'm not sure who I will be pulling for. I like the Texans, but they're in the same division as the Colts. Without a QB, the Colts look sad. 

I will pick a side during the game.

38 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Root for the Texans of course! 

Hope we don't ruin Watson's confidence too early and he has a good bday 1st start!

Let's see.  Cush is out but honestly he should have been using a larger dose of PED's as he didn't look that sharp to begin with.  All three tight ends are in concussion protocol which normally is a large part of their passing game.  They're best O-lineman is still holding out and paying over 500k a game not to be there.  Watt and Clowney got 2 COMBINED tackles last week then Watt dislocated a finger.  How many active receivers are still healthy, 2 or 3?  It's not looking good for the good guys.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Let's see.  Cush is out but honestly he should have been using a larger dose of PED's as he didn't look that sharp to begin with.  All three tight ends are in concussion protocol which normally is a large part of their passing game.  They're best O-lineman is still holding out and paying over 500k a game not to be there.  Watt and Clowney got 2 COMBINED tackles last week then Watt dislocated a finger.  How many active receivers are still healthy, 2 or 3?  It's not looking good for the good guys.

Awful first half even with the Watson TD run bc we had nothing going and he can't save us every game with big runs. The more he relies on that, the more teams will adapt and the more turnovers we'll have imo. At least the D showed up this half.

16 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

Broncos are looking good.  Too bad because I want the Cowboys to win.

Broncos looks good offensively, conversely Cowboys defense looks bad, poor tackling.

+++

Hey Jeff, OT for this thread but did you watch the Texas USC game Sat night?  What a fantastic college game and I thought once your Longhorns took the lead with 45 seconds to go in the 4th they were going to knock off the #4 Trojans.  They sure played well enough to deserve the win.

2 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Broncos looks good offensively, conversely Cowboys look bad, poor tackling.

+++

Hey Jeff, OT for this thread but did you watch the Texas USC game Sat night?  What a fantastic college game and I thought once your Longhorns took the lead with 45 seconds to go in the 4th they were going to knock off the #4 Trojans.  They sure played well enough to deserve the win.

Totally missed it.  Maybe I need to start keeping up with them again.  The last handful of years has not been good for the Longhorns.  Now that they took U of H's Coach Herman, they might be headed back in the right direction.   

The Texans looked better on Thursday against the Bengals.  

• Like 1