Keep the speakers safe guys

CHASLS2

1 hour ago, Youthman said:

I'm not offended by the post.  Trust me, I care about my Klipsch.   I've already thought about putting them on the beds if needed.  LOL.  But my family comes before any material possessions.

The good news is if there is any water damage to the speakers, there are plenty of pictures to document what they looked like before!  B)

+++

I noticed from my recent trip to your place there are those odd trees all over the place with the branches that seem to hang horizontally over the roads.  I don't know about potential water or flooding damage but I would guess the high winds would knock those trees over taking out power poles/lines all over the place.

+++

EDIT:  Is this it, the Live Oak?

Live%20oak%20Quercus%20virginiana.jpg

2 hours ago, Youthman said:

I'm more concerned for my family than my speakers.  Speakers and gear can be replaced.

Well it looks like you are gonna get the worst of it if it keeps tracking more to the west. I am right on the gulf so the worst case is it gets into the gulf and makes landfall north of me as a super cane with gust to 220mph.  But if the center stays east of lakeland i won't get winds over 75mph. Never trust these storms. It could do anything and we really won't know for another 24 hours. If it stays on the track at the 11am update you could see winds to 90mph +.  But at least no surge worry for us.

I decided to check:

Chainsaw

Chainsaw gas/oil

Backhoe (front tire has slow leak so I might just get two new tires tomorrow)

Backhoe battery charged

Diesel full

Some jugs of water for drinking or flushing.

I don't really think we'll get much in the way of this storm...certainly nothing like those who live south of us....but.... our electrical system here seems to be a bit flakey.  It will go out during the week for no apparent reason.  Might be out for 3 minutes or 3 hours.

Just earlier this week, I was getting up at 5:00 to start getting ready for work when all power died.  (I'm on a well so no power means no well, no shower, no flushes...)

I ended up going into work without taking a shower that day (I'm the designated first person so it really screws things up if I don't get there)

So if this is any storm of substance by the time it gets to us, we'll probably have the obligatory power outage and trees across the road.

If I get my tires fixed before, I can just go about my day...cut a path and move things with the hoe.  If I don't fix the tire...and power goes out...then my compressor (to fill the slowly leaking tire) won't work and I'm screwed to doing it by hand.

You Florida guys are in my thoughts/prayers.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Looks like it has moved away from Plant City and further your way Charles.  This sucks for EVERYONE in Florida.  I'm in no way wanting to be a hero and stay, we just have several friends and family that live in mobile homes that we have offered to stay with us.  They could go to a shelter and we could head to Alabama to stay with wakejunkie.  Just really don't know what to do.

5 minutes ago, Youthman said:

Looks like it has moved away from Plant City and further your way Charles. 

Instead of hitting the east of Plant City it looks like it will hit to the west of you.  It still looks like you are directly in the path close the eye, but of course I know you know exactly where to look on the weather maps.  Either way this is going to be bad.

Anytime the hurricane diameter is as big as your whole state where can you go to get away from it?