The Sixes...Any feedback?

oldenough

Ok, take this with the following precaution: I listened the Sixes in dealer shop yesterday. They were hooked up with Roksan K3 cd-player BUT on a low audio shelve and in between a bunch of other speakers in the shop. Placed about two feets from rear wall and the listening position at about 6 feet from the speakers. So not egsactly an optimal listening setup.

With that said, the highs were clear but overly bright. Bas was mostly boomy but showed signs of definition that could just be right with proper positioning of the speakers.

But what striked me was the lack of mid frequencies, just as the body of the music was lacking. 

The good thing was that the Sixes clearly put out the Klipsch sound well, they were dynamic, enough of details for this class of speakers. 

I guess this just showed me how important is rear the placement of Sixes.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A few weeks in on mine and using strictly bluetooth they are a decent party speaker. I call them a party speaker because they are definitely lacking the mid frequencies (leaving large parts of most songs in the shadows) but they are otherwise a good speaker with a non-fatiguing sound.

I bought mine because I moved across the world and needed something cheap while I get the rest of my life sorted out. That said, my records are still crated so I am strictly using bluetooth, but when I tried them in store they sounded pretty good with vinyl (of course, using an external preamp). 

Once I have broken mine in (and hopefully added a TT to my system) I will give them a proper review.