Finding a Place to Audition Heritage Line in Houston

Mike V

9 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

Kind ladies and gents,

I am only in need of one La Scala for my HT center channel. I can't be the only one.  Anyone interested in splitting this pair? I'm in New Orleans and will happily take the 6 hour ride to West Houston. It would be a great opportunity for me to bring relief supplies on my ride there and return with two beautiful La Scalas (although I only have permanent space for one at home).

Halp me pleeeeze, someone Halp me!

moriceman

11 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

In all honesty, other than space limitations, i kind of want to just settle in with a new speaker and not have to drive myself crazy with ideas of modifications/upgrades.  The itch is a disease!

Maximus89,

Buy one of these La Scala's and make yours a Cinco slam on perfection!  I'll buy the other one and I even deliver ;-).  You don't need a split for your center.  Just to tell ya, my whole getup is black, so I'm going to have to love her the way she comes or do some minor modifications to the finish.

https://houston.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-la-scala-loudspeakers/6304327059.html

Let me know, 'cause I'm ready to leave the wife and kids for another Klipsch road trip. (short. 1 day. gotta be home to make supper).

moriceman

4 hours ago, moriceman said:

Maximus89,

Buy one of these La Scala's and make yours a Cinco slam on perfection!  I'll buy the other one and I even deliver ;-).  You don't need a split for your center.  Just to tell ya, my whole getup is black, so I'm going to have to love her the way she comes or do some minor modifications to the finish.

https://houston.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-la-scala-loudspeakers/6304327059.html

Let me know, 'cause I'm ready to leave the wife and kids for another Klipsch road trip. (short. 1 day. gotta be home to make supper).

moriceman

You might buy both and sell the one you don't need at a later time. 

5 hours ago, moriceman said:

Maximus89,

moriceman

I appreciate it but don't have the funds as of now and though I know it doesn't need to be black or split, I at least prefer it black and near the same year as my current LSi so it doesn't have the metal horn. 

You should just go for it and sell the other one which should be no problem. Good luck and thanks again!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, moriceman said:

Maximus89,

moriceman

You might start a WTB thread in the garage sale.  It will get more traffic than this thread.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2017 at 10:35 AM, Maximus89 said:

Of course i get that, but space is limited(i have the back LSi connected perfectly snug in a closet though haha) + new crossovers for both pairs starts to get costly, then add to that a single LS for center with all the same parts for perfect timbre match. I guess at minimum, i could just get 3 new networks for LCR and then have the back surround LS as stock. 

In all honesty, other than space limitations, i kind of want to just settle in with a new speaker and not have to drive myself crazy with ideas of modifications/upgrades.  The itch is a disease!

Conversation with myself every day:

Crites A? A/4500 + CT120 tweeters?  AA? AL-3?  AlK universal?  DeanG? :unsure2:
Don't worry about that yet! Find a single La Scala center first! :emotion-14:
But the AL xover sucks and everyone says so! :unsure2:
Fastrac La Scala mid? A-55G driver? Change the K-77 for Alks eliptrac hf?  Change all  K-43's to Crites?  :unsure2:
Upgrade 1 pair and then do the next pair much later? All at once? :unsure2:
Nah! Go 2 way! :emotion-14:
I do want to stick with Klipsch made, but dude, you don't have enough space for the k402 Jubescala, just forget about it! :unsure:
DO IT! :emotion-14:
What about the K510?  It would fit perfectly into the HF section of the LSi split! :emotion-14:
Yes....yes it would..."the little horn that could":ohmy:
Those mumps are beautiful.:blush2:
Wait...but i don't know anything about EQ'ing and i can't afford to go active xover on top of it...so forget it!:mad:
Sell the Chorus II to help with funds!:emotion-14:
NO! NEVER! Could i? Should i?  My precioussssss..:wacko2:
Just do the K402 for your L/R and the K510 for the center and leave the surrounds as stock!:emotion-14:
Just do it you fat hobbit!:emotion-14:

I feel like Gollum and i'm going mad.   I would love to just sit down with some Forte III's using my Chorus II as surrounds and just obsess over finding a suitable center for the FIII and call it for the next 5+ years and just enjoy the music and movies without just starring at my speakers and wondering what upgrade or modification to do next. 

Audiosa Nervosa, do you vibrate too?:P

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Maximus89 said:

Quick opinion since we were talking about La Scalas, would it be better for me to do 2 front LSi and 2 rear LSi, OR 3 front LSi and 1 rear surround LSi?  (i have 4 and not likely to get the 5th any time soon)

Anyone? I know the best way is to just move it and test it out but these guys are heavy and then having to move the tv and tv stand and gear and rearrange everything. It's a pain in the ***.

Im just curious how surround for movies would sound with 3 front and 1 rear surround. I'm assuming all surround sound information will be sent to the 1 surround speaker?

now what if I wanted to use 2 more KLF-10s as rear surrounds? I know I could do the KLF-10 as surround and then the single LSi as 6th channel, but for surround music, I would want the LSi to be sent the surround information, not the KLF-10s. 

So would connecting only a single LSi in one of the left or right connections for surround and then 2 KLF 10s as what would essentially be the 6th and 7th channel rears work? I would only use the 6th and 7th channels for movies with 7 channels otherwise I'd just go direct mode for 5 channel movies and tv and music which no sound would come out of the 6th and 7th channel KLF-10s

If you're going to watch any movies, I'd do the front there for sure, LCR La Scalas would be an excellent front. Youthman has a nice front La Scala system. I believe someone on here has 5 La Scalas in a room, and loves it. Use the KLF 10s for surround (until you get that 5th LS) :D

• Like 1