Long time Klipsch fan. Happy to join the family

tylersmith

Hey guys,

Greetings from a happy new Klipsch owner. Growing up, I was a music fanatic. Would confiscate the  Sunday paper to drool over the AV receivers and speaker ads. I used to pump my dad's system whenever he and my mom would leave the house. I studied music in college and the chair of the music department (an awesome mentor and great friend) introduced me to Klipsch. I want to say he owned a pair of KG-3's. He also was responsible for installing klipsch speakers (reference bookshelves) and denon receivers in all of the music classrooms on campus. I remember going with him to the local hifi store and hearing a pair of RF-7s when they were new. Needless to say, I've had my sights set on owning a pair of klipsch reference speakers ever since.

A couple months ago I got a pair of RP-160m's (powered by a yamaha tsr-5810 - Costco version of an rx-v581) in cherry finish and I couldn't be happier. They sound fantastic. Last weekend I made the call to pick up the R-12sw, which was on sale, to replace a super entry level yamaha HTIB sub and help round out the bass. 

Man does my system sound good now. I've been spending the last week dialing things in (speaker levels and delays, etc) and rarely turn things up past -20. Sub set to about 40% gain or so.

My buddy (fellow HiFi head) asked if i caught "the bug". I told him I always had it, just was never in a position to justify pulling the trigger.

Super happy to finally make it happen. Definitely money well spent.

Cheers!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, totalcomfort said:

Hate to bust your bubble, but you will NEVER have your system dialed in. This is a sick hobby (passion) just when you think you have it perfect you will have to try that last little adjustment. It never ends!!! Welcome to the rabbit hole it is a lot of fun.

I hear you @totalcomfort - thanks and thanks all for the warm welcome!

• Haha 1