Missing Threads?

mungkiman

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Do they have to disappear before the moderators can review them?  This could be the beginning of the end of what used to be a good thing.

I think it depends on the nature of what is posted there.  It could come back "as is" with no.changes, or with some posts deleated, or left hidden.

Travis

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

What in the world could be threatening in the CC&C thread?  That thread and RTM are probably the friendliest, feel good threads on the forum and the longest running.

I agree, great thread.  Apparently someone may have "urinated on your living room rug" by posting photos that violate the terms of service.

Hopefully everyone (the moderators) will have a chance to look at it during the day and form a consensus as to what, if anything, needs to happen.

Travis

1 minute ago, Tarheel said:

Yes I know Dave.  I just cited it as a friendly place to hang out and long running as is the CC&C thread.  If there was an issue we should have been notified.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.  I misunderstood what you were saying.

I don't follow every thread so if a couple of threads were missing I probably wouldn't have noticed.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, richieb said:

It seems what Might be occurring is similar to a thread posted just yesterday --  the Wussification of the Forum? 

Not familar with that thread. 

This one is pretty simple, whether photos violate Forum Rules and, if so, what to do about it.

Travis

While questionable, the picture posted in goodbye NoBS wasn't in violation and The individual post could have been hidden for review, rather than the entire thread.

I didn't see the ccc thread, but probably similar action could have been taken there.

That's just bad moderating and a lame excuse for conveniently ghosting a thread.

33 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Not familar with that thread. 

This one is pretty simple, whether photos violate Forum Rules and, if so, what to do about it.

Travis

Delete the picture(s) and send the violator a message pointing out the error. Several threads have been cleaned up through the years. Thread capping on someone's for sale thread or something getting political or...

It's not like this happens all of the time. 

• Chad locked this topic