Missing Threads?

mungkiman

It might help to remember this isn't a private chat room, it's a public ad-free internet meeting place sponsored 100% by the Klipsch corporation.  Klipsch, Inc. spends a lot of money in advertising to present a public image which is designed to do one thing, sell speakers.

Klipsch Inc is gracious enough to provide us a place to comment and give us wide berth on what is allowed.  What they ask in return is that we follow common sense posting guidelines.  

The all-volunteer Moderators do a great job keeping us as a group within posting standards which ultimately keeps this Klipsch Forum viable.  If Chad had the job of moderating every thread he wouldn't have time to do anything else and it would not surprise me if Klipsch, Inc shut it down to go to support more current social media like Facebook, like nearly every corporate entity does.

I'm happy to have this Klipsch Forum, and I'm happy to be a member.  Mods, thank you for doing your job which helps keep this place going.

• Like 3

when i saw the CCC thread yesterday, i feared that something like this would eventually happen to Chuck’s thread. And i apologize to Chuck for not speaking up. Not that it would have done any good; but, I should have said something. 

But come on Moderators, please stop overreacting and deal with the individual(s) that are ruining threads. if you want to solve an issue, deal with those responsible instead of removing an entire thread. If you don’t, those that ruin threads will just move on and ruin another thread. Locking a thread, hiding a thread ... probably hasn’t ever solved a problem, as the same behavior just surfaces in a different thread. Deal with those violating the TOS. 

Or just shut down the entire forum because this is all getting to be a rather pathetic. 

Just read that the thread was unhidden with the photos removed. That was the right decision in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I don't take things for granted, and I appreciate the things I have which I cherish.

Name calling just because you don't feel the same way is not appreciated.

c'mon man, we can't poke at each other in good fun? i'm not malicious to anyone on this forum..

• Like 1

IIRC, one of the photos removed was a Klipsch ad photo showing a young woman wearing a yellow Klipsch T-shirt, and nothing else, sitting on a white Heresy.  If that is correct, why is something deemed appropriate for an advertisement to be viewed by anyone, deemed inappropriate for this forum?

• Like 1

The one positive from this is a refreshing diversion from the 21 pages of drivel on the departed BS thread. Similar to the news media being totally focused on 3 weeks of hurricane disasters. Anyone notice that the media has already moved on from the Houston tragedy, now Florida? I highly doubt Houston and the surrounding are back to life as usual? Even Trump has had a couple "quiet" weeks from the media. They are much like vultures flying to the next victim. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

IIRC, one of the photos removed was a Klipsch ad photo showing a young woman wearing a yellow Klipsch T-shirt, and nothing else, sitting on a white Heresy.  If that is correct, why is something deemed appropriate for an advertisement to be viewed by anyone, deemed inappropriate for this forum?

PC Sir, PC. 

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

poor taste is entirely subjective, and I was poking at you - like I would have Carl, Jim, Brian, or any number of other members. I won't remove the image, so that context is maintained for others, but I do absolutely apologize for offending you.

Suck up

I have a great idea for a new section of the forum.  It would be called "Safe Place" and one could access it anytime they feel offended by a scantily clad ad model or mean words from a fellow member.

Yep I think in this day and age that would be very appropriate!

• Haha 1

Just now, Tarheel said:

I have a great idea for a new section of the forum.  It would be called "Safe Place" and one could access it anytime they feel offended by a scantily clad ad model or mean words from a fellow member.

Yep I think in this day and age that would be very appropriate!

Agree - if its good enough for a multitude of universities to inact it's good enough for this group of misfits. 

• Haha 1

• Chad locked this topic