Missing Threads?

mungkiman

21 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how many people there are still out in the world that are so easily offended and how they feel that it is their duty or whatever you might want to call it, to bring to the attention even the most minor "moral" offense to the group to which they are addressing, whether that be Text, photos, or ideas that they may simply just not like and feel that no one else should like it either. While I understand, however may not agree with, the corporate perspective, it's the individual "waaa, waaa, waaa," that is really annoying. If you don't want to see what is in the "no BS" thread, then it's simple, don't read it. If you don't want to see any threads such as this one, discussing that specific thread, then it's simple, don't look at it.

Get with it man. This is the new softer, less testicular generation.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how many people there are still out in the world that are so easily offended and how they feel that it is their duty or whatever you might want to call it, to bring to the attention even the most minor "moral" offense to the group to which they are addressing, whether that be Text, photos, or ideas that they may simply just not like and feel that no one else should like it either. While I understand, however may not agree with, the corporate perspective, it's the individual "waaa, waaa, waaa," that is really annoying. If you don't want to see what is in the "no BS" thread, then it's simple, don't read it. If you don't want to see any threads such as this one, discussing that specific thread, then it's simple, don't look at it.

I don't think anyone was offended.

Offensive isn't the issue or the standard.  

None of them offended me in the least.  

Here is the standard:

Be Appropriate!
There may be places where explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however the Klipsch Forum is not one of those places. Posts containing explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. Similarly, posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated GIFs, JPEGs or similar content files will be deleted without notice! Links to Websites with adult content/images anywhere on the site will be removed. Simply put, we do not wish to be seen as supporting any site that contains adult content - adult content being defined as any material that you would not feel comfortable showing to your spouse, your teenagers, or your boss and co-workers. In other words, anything which is "NWS" (not work safe). This represents our values and our desire to appeal to the widest possible audience not to mention keeping clear of any restrictions that our present or future advertisers might have regarding acceptable content.

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

Posts containing explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. Similarly, posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated GIFs, JPEGs or similar content files will be deleted without notice! Links to Websites with adult content/images anywhere on the site will be removed.

Objective.

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

adult content being defined as any material that you would not feel comfortable showing to your spouse, your teenagers, or your boss and co-workers. In other words, anything which is "NWS" (not work safe).

Subjective.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:
5 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

Similarly, posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated GIFs, JPEGs or similar content files will be deleted without notice!

FSBO.  X-Rated Gifs.  $50.00, plus shipping and handling.

You're not supposed to advertise that on here!  :angry:

(uh, are those hi-res?  :wub:)

14 minutes ago, richieb said:

"People that are so easily offended". You've got to be kidding, right? I'm shocked this could come from you Jim. Watch the news for the last several months? When isn't a group offended and protesting a cause, whether real or not, these days? Your statement so reflects today's political environment and what is actually happening in society that I had better not  continue.

But we never used to expect them to post here.  

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

no i totally do. but what one person feels comfortable sharing with wife, kids, or coworkers could be drastically different than another person.. so it's an entirely subjective filter.

No it's just a good lesson in life, know your boss and your wife.  Happy wife 

• Chad locked this topic