WTB: Emotiva 5 Channel Amp

dcbrown88

I'm looking to purchase a 5 channel Emotiva amp for my home theater I'm building.  Wanting an XPR-5 mostly but also considering an XPA-5 Gen 2 or 3 -- decent warranty period remaining is a plus.  I'm located near Charlotte NC but not opposed to working something out on shipping.  Let me know what you have!

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I can't believe how much used Emotiva gear cost these days. Some are asking more used than they were new. I guess because the new line came out.

Yeah, not looking to pay original MSRP but a fair price for them if they're still under warranty.  

• Like 1

If you are patient you will find the deals, they come up every once in a while at prices too good to pass up. I got my Gen 1 XPA-5 for $400. I actually prefer the Gen 1 Emotiva amps to the Gen 2. The higher gain works well with my speakers. I see you posted in the Emo Emporium as well. Good chance someone will reach out from there. I linked you a for sale XPA-5 on the Emo forum.

Tim

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dcbrown88 said:

I'm just wanting a little more power and to match my other amps. I think you may just need to buy it if it's tempting you!

How do you think I ended up with the Marantz 6011 I also didn't need? 

(thank you @jwc for first tempting me then making it affordable)  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

DC, there are separate XPA-2 and XPA-3 listed freshly on the Emo forum. It would give you a little more power than the XPA-5 and they are both priced pretty nicely. Just a heads up!

Also, if cosmetics aren't that big a concern there is a powerhouse 5 x 200 Sherbourn PA-5/200 amp on Ebay with a starting bid of $295

By the way Dave, that Marantz has way less power than the Emotiva does, and weighs half as much. I would pass on it personally. Not to knock the seller or his amp, if that is possible.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, teaman said:

DC, there are separate XPA-2 and XPA-3 listed freshly on the Emo forum. It would give you a little more power than the XPA-5 and they are both priced pretty nicely. Just a heads up!

Also, if cosmetics aren't that big a concern there is a powerhouse 5 x 200 Sherbourn PA-5/200 amp on Ebay with a starting bid of $295

By the way Dave, that Marantz has way less power than the Emotiva does, and weighs half as much. I would pass on it personally. Not to knock the seller or his amp, if that is possible.

I just looked at the Emo site....both of those are priced well. What would the cost be to ship a 90 lb amp about 2000 miles?

• Like 1

@dcbrown88,

What speakers are you driving?

Sorry, just read this.

My System

Fronts: (2) RF-7 II 
Center: RC-64 II
Rears + Sides: (4) RS-62 II
Atmos: (2) CDT-5650-C II

Though I do think the Marantz for sale here on the forum will work just fine, your system will be better served with a bit more grunt.

Bill

• Like 1