Klipsch KG4 listing

daryls

I see this conversation is over 3 years old, but I just wanted to tell you about my score on some KG4 speakers earlier this year.

I will casually search craigslist for Klipsch speakers just to see what's out there. Well, I decided to search outside my area, so I look around in the San Francisco Bay Area listings - which is 300 miles from me. I find a pair of Klipsch KG4's, KG2's, and Quartet's - all brand new, assuming they've never been played. Apparently, the guy who listed these speakers had a brother-in-law who built cubbyholes throughout his house to store his speakers in the wall. When he passed away, they removed the speakers from said cubbyholes and they weren't even plugged in. These speakers looked immaculate. I could tell just by looking at them that they've never been played. The labels on the back are still paper white. Not a scratch in site. And they're black. I wish I could have afforded the Quartet's, but I went with the KG4's. He sold them to me for $400, while the Quartet's were selling for $1200. It felt amazing to bring the KG4's home, plug them in and listen to them for what I like to think what was the first time sound had ever played out of them in 30+ years - I did have the guy test them out for me though, mind you, because I was not going to drive 300 miles to pick up speakers that didn't work - but still, it was an amazing experience. The sound quality has only improved as I continue to push them loudly and listen to them quietly in the background. They sound so good no matter what the volume is. The pictures are from January 2020, and since then I have upgraded my stereo equipment to Emotiva and I'm finding that the sound these produce is even better than I could have imagined. 

IMG_3096.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

Edited by Beau F.
add pictures, add an update