Marantz mm7055 5 channel amp

carlthess40

I have a like new marantz mm7055 5 channel amp. It's in like new shape with under 30 hours. Has rca and xlr inputs

I can take PayPal and ship it out in a double box packing. I don't have the oem box but it will be over packed

Price 700 plus shipping. No PayPal fees

Coming from zip code 32746. Lake mary fl

I will add photos tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Bump for a great amp

Interested...could you explain to me if this would be a worthwhile upgrade from my Marantz SR7005 7.2 HT receiver. I think its 110W per channel class D.

I heard that a separate power amp on my HT would make a huge difference. So 110 receiver watts vs 140 power amp watts per channel.

Your amp's appearance matches my SR7005

Thanks

Omg yes it would make a very nice difference, for several reasons

1. you would get much more head room in powering your speakers because it does have more power

2. it has larger power transformers and capacitors in it for storage of power during your instantaneous burst of power for sound

3. you would get a longer life out of your receiver because your not generating so much heat in it from using the amplifier section

4. Think of it this way look at the size of your receiver and then look at the size of the five channel amplifier in order to get all those channels of amps into your receiver there going to skimp on the quality Inn size of the components needed to generate the amplification so when you have separate amplifier they can use larger heat sinks power transformers and power capacitors and so forth which translates into a higher quality of sound and so on

The list of the pros of using separate components could go in for ever.

If you like. You can send me a PM and I will give you my phone number and we could discuss this over the phone

You could also put it on open fourm and get opinions from people that have a larger knowledge of the workings of how this stuff operates The technical terms and so forth

And the pros and cons

11 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

How are you doing bill? Hope you and your family came though the Hurricane without any problems

Carl,

We did with flying colors.  Only a flicker or two with the power, no trees came down(in my yard), no shingles lost.  How about you guys?

Bill

15 hours ago, Sprogk said:

I heard that a separate power amp on my HT would make a huge difference. So 110 receiver watts vs 140 power amp watts per channel.

@carlthess40did a nice job articulating the improvements and advantages of using a power amp.

I wanted to point out that the difference between 110 wpc and 140 wpc is not all that great.  You will not be able to hear 30 wpc sound better, but it's not all about the watts.  If you have 110 wpc you have to double the power to get another 3db so you would need 220 wpc to be able to play music significantly louder.  The point is I doubt you need louder, I imagine your current 110 wpc is loud enough.

Just as Carl said the biggest advantage is the dedicated power amp is much more responsive in terms of HOW it delivers the power.  The bass will sound stronger at the same SPL, and when you hear drum sounds instead of simply hearing the drums you will feel the drums, generally speaking, especially at higher SPL.  Where your standard AVR is starting to run out of gas the dedicated power amp is just getting started.

You already have good power in your Marantz so a new power amp is not going to be a big difference in sound like it would be if you bought different speakers.  What a power amp would do IMO is add that next level sound, that refinement, that dynamic live sound.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I'm scratching my head as to way this amp has not sold yet. I do feel I'm asking a more then fair asking price. What's going on here? Lately it's been like I could not sell a book of zippo lighter to a starving , freezing eskimo

Carl,

I think it is just the luck of the draw.  I have sold many pieces on this forum and some have sold within the hour of posting and some took close to three months.  I feel that I always price "fairly" but you never really know what folks are in the market for and how much they are willing to pay.  Just wait it out if you are able.

PM sent.

Bill

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, willland said:

I think it is just the luck of the draw.  I have sold many pieces on this forum and some have sold within the hour of posting and some took close to three months.  I feel that I always price "fairly" but you never really know what folks are in the market for and how much they are willing to pay.  Just wait it out if you are able.

Agree.

I remember a couple of years ago a forum member who had a Yung plate amp at a good price that didn't sell for several months, nobody was interested.  It came up again and I bought it because I became interested in DIY subs.  The Seller said he could have sold a half dozen of them if he had them and remarked at the time how much interest there was all the sudden when only a few months earlier there was none. 

Timing is everything.

+++

It's 5:00 am here on the East coast.  What the heck is everybody doing up posting at this hour?  :wacko:

23 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

I've been up since 3am :huh:

Are you feeling a bit anxious?  I wouldn't blame you if you were, I know I was just before my procedure.

I dealt with my anxiety with the usual inappropriate male humor.  You can say anything you want to the nurses, they just laugh too.  B)

+++

Carl is probably wondering "what the heck is this crap on my amp thread?"  

Free bump, Carl, free bump.  :rolleyes:

• Like 2