Marantz mm7055 5 channel amp

carlthess40

8 hours ago, carlthess40 said:

I'm scratching my head as to way this amp has not sold yet. I do feel I'm asking a more then fair asking price. What's going on here? Lately it's been like I could not sell a book of zippo lighter to a starving , freezing eskimo

Carl @carlthess40, GLWYS.  I'd love to talk seriously about making a deal on that amp.  I can't for personal, employment related reasons, for which I've put many things on hold and locked down on discretionary spending.  I really wish I could, and also wish you GLWS.

Come on folks, this is a good deal.   Outboard amp watts are most often better than AVR watts, even if "only" 15 watts/ch more.  The power caps, transformer, and output transistors combine to supply power to one thing, amplification.  Unless your AVR has multiple power supplies for different functions, then it's PS has to divide it's power to fill many needs.  Not sure of the specific topology of the SR7005 but I do know that the MM7055 does incorporate some trickle down technology from Marantz's highly praised Reference line of amplifiers.

Again, good luck with your sale.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Im looking at stepping up my HT a bit, but I've only been into audio tech for a couple years... I have a parasound a21 for my khorns, and am looking at upgrading my klipsch quintet surrounds (you know, so I can actually hear them) possibly with 6 heresy (2 as center) or some combination of heritage speakers - with space being a premium. I was looking at the parasound a51 since im happy with the a21, but at $4700 that would slow down my HT completion a bit. Would this amp do a good job at powering what I mentioned above or some similar combo of speakers? 

Thanks

Ryan

The sound from this amp is a very open and smooth. I had it hooked up to my heresy I and four ki-102 for sides and rears. And it hardly every got warm because I did not have to run it hard, to tell the truth, the matching preamp that I sold ran hotter then the amp. I’m picking up a Krell Ksp-150 today that’s a two channel amp and I will have it listed on here as well. But my marantz is in mint shape and will make your speakers shine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk