Should we petition for a convention?

WMcD

I agree with Doug... The Hope trip will never be duplicated.

On the other hand, I'm up for trip. Let's do this thing. My family has heard me talk about the first trip so much, I think they want to go next time around. If Klipsch will run with this thing, they could really turn it into an event that would be covered by the media. With enough advance planning you could expect to see a big crowd at this thing.

Tony

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I have a suggestion....

It seems that with modern trends being toward home theaters with half a dozen

small speakers sitting all over the room potential buyers of new Klipsch

Heritage series speakers have no place to audition them. The dealers don't want

to spare the space and cost of keeping them in the demo room. I think this a

place where a bit of "heritage" might be a solution.

Years ago, in fact in the 1960s, when my father was looking for a good set of

speakers, we went to hear Klipschorns at the local dealer listed with the

Klipsch literature that we got from Klipsch. The dealer turned out to be located

in a private home. The fellow had a set of Khorns set up in his living room.

This was the first time I heard Khorns. As time moved on, the policy was changed

so that only dealers with "store fronts" would be Klipsch dealers. This fellow

eventually lost the dealership. I suspect that history may have a good reason

now to repeat itself. I think this might be an opportunity for a Klipsch "fan

club" to actually be of value to Klipsch and to itself by serving as official

"listening stations" for the Klipsch Heritage series speakers. I would think

that there might be something in it for Klipsch to make it worth our time to do

it as well. Maybe not as full-flagged dealers, but certainly in some official

way.

I am posting this here, not because it's a new idea, but because most of the

guys who might be interested in a "fan club", and in doing something like this,

are following this thread regarding the convention.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Al K

Al K

I like your idea. We are scattered all over the globe. When I read MaxG's posts about his meetings, or the Q-man, Mike L exparements, I always wish there were more people in the Milwaukee / South Eastern Wisconsin area to do stuff like this with.

Your right, I do not know of any Klipsch dealers, in my area, who are planning on on displaying any new Heritage equipment. Where is a new audiophile go to audition and compare????

If there is anybody in my area who would like to hear Khorn/w ALKs, or SVS subs, send me an email and we can set up a time to bring over your fav CD or DVD.

Maybe somebody like Justin who has a web server at there disposal, could create a database where we could find other interested people in our local environments to set up our own groups.

JM

----------------

On 10/10/2002 4:36:38 PM John Warren wrote:

JM-Ever stop by *Wisconsin Recone* in West Allis?

One of the best vintage hardware resellers in the midwest.

----------------

No, I was refered to them a few years back when I had a speaker accident.

I did not realize they were a reseller.

Thanks for the FYI!

JM

Al: There is a speaker comapny that has a program setup by which you find a person who has the system in their home, you go over and listen, and if you buy (from the company), the person you auditioned from get a few hunderd dollars. So, the person showing you the system even gets to play salesman a bit!

I feel audio is getting to the point where either Klipsch (and others) or us fans need to take matters into our own hands and be responcible for finding and hearing the speakers.

Imagine if someone auditioned Khorns at your house, then bought them, and you got a check in the mail for a few hundred dollars! I would like that!

I would like to go to a convention where we could hear the goods!

ALSO!!! What if this was not Klipsch only, but have a few manufacturers there as well? Maybe some tube amp companies?

John Warren: tell us some about you jet engines (oh, as a tax payer, I own them too 9.gif )

Kenrat,

What you are describing sounds like a full dealership. Order them form me and the factory ships them to you. That is how I think it used to be back in 1960. I think there may be legal issues with that nowdays. I think maybe a simple monthly "retainer" would probably be good compensation for the "official listening station" for an area. I think Klipsch would have ideas about how to do that if they were interested in the idea at all.

Al K.

John W

Sounds like you have an interesting and rewarding job.

My pic is a stock photo off the Blue Angels web site. They are F-18's as stated above.

A few years back, I saw a "new" jet design up at EAA convention. It was a small turbine, the size of a briefcase, weighed something like 75 lbs, that could output something like 8000 lbs of thrust.

If you know more about this engine, I may need to email you, or invest in your company.

JM

First off, Indy is a great city. There are a lot of hotels close by the Klipsch headquarters here. And IMO there is a lot to see if they desire to show us some of the facilities too.

As for entertainment. Lots of great places to hear live bands..Brew houses..Family stuff even (We have the worlds largest childrens museum, for instance) the Indy 500 track.. Pro sports, like AAA baseball in the summer, I literally could go on and on believe me.

click here for a sample..You will get the idea.

http://www.indianapolis.org/sections/Visitors/Indy%20Profile/index.asp?cid=51

I would love to be part of the "committee" here as I live in Indy, LOVE Klipsch, and feel this event would be fun to meet a lot of you in person too.

I know Bob G talked about this to do in the summer of 2002. With our country still numb from Sept 11th, the death of Paul, and lets be honest... the whole economy is really not very good for pleasure items.. Hopefully by spring/summer 2003 this might turn out to be a great time for a break from reality.

Just *NOT* in late May!! (Memorial day weekend is when the Indy 500 is. Not unless you want to have 350,000 to 400,000 people also here driving around, very high hotel rates during "our" Klipsch weekend.) LOL I suggest early to mid June.. No real agenda for me other than it is pretty nice weather wise. Those with kids will be out of school, and just a great time of the year IMO here.

I helped organise my HS 20 year reunion a few years ago...1980 in 2000, and had a blast. Somehow seeing some of you, I am sure, would feel like getting re aquainted with lost friends too.

So add me to the list, and yes in Indy too.1.gif

if i could make it, i'm pretty much between either place, so i'm neutral.

I like Al's idea. i want to volunteer to be the 1st Heritage Rep in KC. maybe also klipsch could help me w/ the bigger house. 9.gif

& if anything, i think klipsch should put the jubilee on wheels & tour them around to dealerships kinda like a king tut exhibit. also serve a lil wine, beer & appetizers. 9.gif

The following is simply guesswork, and a proposed course of action.

Perhaps the people at Klipsch LLC are waiting until the snowball gets a bit bigger, and they are waiting to see which way it rolls. So it may be up to us to caucus and get things rolling.

Klipsch LLC has a new home, like it or not. It would be best all round to make the 2003 gathering in Indy. They must have a lot to show off. I expect that the Heritage line, and its followers will have a lot to see and hear.

The 2004 gathering can be in Hope. I expect there is some thinking out there that we better get to Hope before whatever is there changes. However, I expect that has already happened and they are in the process of upgrading and revising. Let's give them until 2004 to do that.

Such is my proposal to everyone out there. Maybe the public relations department would like to see how many people will fall in line for it. Therefore, anyone who would be interested, please state so in a few words.

Gil