McIntosh MC240 Amp and MX110Z Preamp / Tuner - $3200 (Hudson, Mi.)

opusk2k9

From ad:

First please read this entire post.

MC240 Amplifier is in good excellent un-restored condition. It has the original McIntosh branded 6L6GC, and Telefunken 12AX7 / 12AU7 Tubes. I'm not sure if the 12BH7 tubes are original or not. I did replace one small electrolytic capacitor that was physically leaking a little. Everything else is untouched. The lettering on the amp is intact except near the adjustments and speaker connections. The chrome is all good and I can't find any pitting. I was planning on re-capping it and have all the electrolytic for it but I no longer have time for an audio hobby. 

MX110Z Preamp / Tuner is also in good excellent un-restored condition. It has the original tubes mostly Telefunken. I didn't remove any of the tube shields from the covered tubes so I'm not positive what brand they are. I also have new electrolytic caps for this. The MX110Z is the more desirable of the MX110 preamps, the "Z" is in the serial number.

$3200 for both, I don't want to separate. 

There is an enormous amount of information about both of these online. 

I tested both together using a variac (variable transformer) raising the voltage very slowly over 8 hours and found no problems, both channels were quiet, no hum. I didn't have an antenna for the tuner and I live in a rural area so all I got was static. I would assume that it will need to be adjusted / aligned for good FM reception. I also strongly recommend that the Electrolytic capacitors and the germanium diode in the amp be replaced as these parts deteriorate with age. They work OK now but it's just a matter of time before they fail. I assume that if you are looking at these items you know that they are highly regarded and sought after and that any equipment of this type and age should be restored before any serious use even if they currently work good. I originally planned to recap the preamp but it would have altered the appearance since the larger caps are on top so I decided it was better not to and leave it up to the next owner to decide what to do.

If you are interested please respond to the email with an actual question about the amp and preamp. Any email referring to them as "It" or "Items" or "still got it?" I won't reply to assuming they are spam / scam. I will email you my phone number then. I really don't want to waste time talking to scammers, lowballers, and people who want to "help me sell it"

CASH ONLY no checks of any kind will be accepted. I'm not going to ship these they are too heavy and not giving them to anybody without cash payment first, so pick up only. Lowballers please don't waste my time.

https://jxn.craigslist.org/ele/d/mcintosh-mc240-amp-and-mx110z/6308361226.html

No affiliation.  The preamp can go for $3000+ in good working condition.

• Like 1