Forte II oak clear

dtr20

11 hours ago, RTR said:

Yeah, I'm not happy with the finish on these. Plus the "dent" in a very noticeable place that was varnished over smooth. Plus the varnish is a very soft varnish that scratches if you look at it wrong.  I bought a RC-64II at the same time in cherry. I have my tv on it. Have moved the tv several times on top of the center with no marks left behind. 

Talked to a guy at Klipsch about how I was unhappy about the finish. He didn't seem to care.

Very happy with the sound though....

IMG_0021.JPG

They came to you with that dent in front?  No way I would have accepted that.

• Like 1

@jimjimbo they were drop shipped to me. Boxes were perfect. Never had trouble with Klipsch before. Didn't check.

The real disappointment was the product manager for Forte's blew me off. Always been impressed with the quality of Klipsch cabinet work and quality control. Not so much now.

1 minute ago, RTR said:

@jimjimbo they were drop shipped to me. Boxes were perfect. Never had trouble with Klipsch before. Didn't check.

The real disappointment was the product manager for Forte's blew me off. Always been impressed with the quality of Klipsch cabinet work and quality control. Not so much now.

Is it too late to pursue this? I'm sure someone could help. You actually talked to the product manager?

@Ceptorman. I contacted the product manager. This was his last paragraph:

"I don’t expect this to change your opinion about the finish, but I wanted you to at least understand where we were coming from.  Wood choices and finish options can be a very frustrating task.  The color and grain pattern of the wood veneer changes from shipment-to-shipment…And unfortunately, Klipsch can’t control that.  The domestic species of the cherry and walnut veneers that we use are actually pretty stable compared to the exotic wood veneers we use in some of the special edition models Klipsch has offered recently.  The only thing you can be sure of about that is the next pair of speakers in line will look completely different in color and grain pattern from the first."

After describing the finish and his reply, I sent him that picture. He never got back with me. It's disappointing, particularly considering how many new Klipsch products I've bought.  From the serial number, mine were number 41 and 42 of the new cherry. I assume they've worked the kinks out of making the cherry finish now.

It's the first thing people notice when they see them. Like I've said, I think they sound great. The cabinetry is not what I expect from Klipsch. The softness of the varnish is really strange also.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RTR said:

"I don’t expect this to change your opinion about the finish, but I wanted you to at least understand where we were coming from.  Wood choices and finish options can be a very frustrating task.  The color and grain pattern of the wood veneer changes from shipment-to-shipment…And unfortunately, Klipsch can’t control that.  The domestic species of the cherry and walnut veneers that we use are actually pretty stable compared to the exotic wood veneers we use in some of the special edition models Klipsch has offered recently.  The only thing you can be sure of about that is the next pair of speakers in line will look completely different in color and grain pattern from the first."

After describing the finish and his reply, I sent him that picture. He never got back with me. It's disappointing, particularly considering how many new Klipsch products I've bought.  From the serial number, mine were number 41 and 42 of the new cherry. I assume they've worked the kinks out of making the cherry finish now.

It's the first thing people notice when they see them. Like I've said, I think they sound great. The cabinetry is not what I expect from Klipsch. The softness of the varnish is really strange also.

I would return them due to the dent at least.  I would continue to pursue this issue with him, or ask for an escalation to his manager.  Send an email every day if you have to.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, RTR said:

I would send him another email with the pic and a request to talk to whomever his superiors might be that can at least respond to your email. He has to realize this isn't right. Might try calling customer service also. Did you buy these from Klipsch directly?

47 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I would return them due to the dent at least.  I would continue to pursue this issue with him, or ask for an escalation to his manager.  Send an email every day if you have to.

I agree. I believe they will make it good.

I could possibly live with a dent like that if it was on the back, but not in front. 

I bought a new center channel speaker and the Klipsch logo came off the front. It wasn't a big deal and I didn't pursue it with Klipsch. Just a .30 cent piece of plastic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, teaman said:

I saw a pair of Forte III's for sale on Ebay earlier for $2400 shipped as open box with a small ding. I thought the price sounded good for a pair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Forte-III-Heritage-Series-Tower-Speakers-Cherry-PAIR-/172868837674?hash=item283fc9212a:g:paAAAOSw30tZtuo3

Not sure if that helps.

Yikes, that was packaged like that?  Mine the mark was varnished over to be smooth.  

I'm saying the varnish or poly is very soft. The smallest touch will appear like that. That's another issue with the cherry.

6 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I would send him another email with the pic and a request to talk to whomever his superiors might be that can at least respond to your email. He has to realize this isn't right. Might try calling customer service also. Did you buy these from Klipsch directly?

I agree. I believe they will make it good.

I could possibly live with a dent like that if it was on the back, but not in front. 

I bought a new center channel speaker and the Klipsch logo came off the front. It wasn't a big deal and I didn't pursue it with Klipsch. Just a .30 cent piece of plastic.

If Kerry, the product manager for the Fortes doesn't want to act on it, I'm sure I will get nowhere. I would think he would have to sign off on a return authorization and exchange. After the experience with this, I don't know if I would want another set in cherry finish. After you get no reply to pictures, I assume he isn't going to do anything. 

Very disappointed in the customer service. Thrilled with the sound, the quality of the cabinets is not up to the standards of other new speakers I've bought that were Klipsch.

4 hours ago, teaman said:

I saw a pair of Forte III's for sale on Ebay earlier for $2400 shipped as open box with a small ding. I thought the price sounded good for a pair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Forte-III-Heritage-Series-Tower-Speakers-Cherry-PAIR-/172868837674?hash=item283fc9212a:g:paAAAOSw30tZtuo3

Not sure if that helps.

Wow. I was just looking at the front corner. I looked at the other pictures. . Look at the side pictures. It looks like there are pock marks all along one side. The boxes look fine. That was packed like that too. Where's the QC?  Mine was packed with the obvious mark on front and now these?  I guess I'm not the only one. These were about 10 behind mine looking at the serial number. And I've heard of another one where the poly was peeling off.

• Sad 2