Forte II oak clear

dtr20

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

DO. NOT. GIVE. UP.

Agree - 100%. And if kept receiving the "help" from the Mothership as is the OP I would pack them up, put them in my car and drive them to Hope. And it's not like 475 miles is just down the road from me. By the time I got there I'd be so pisssed off I'd need to be restrained. 

It's this kind of customer service that kills a company and its effort to increase a new customer base. 

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Agree - 100%. And if kept receiving the "help" from the Mothership as is the OP I would pack them up, put them in my car and drive them to Hope. And it's not like 475 miles is just down the road from me. By the time I got there I'd be so pisssed off I'd need to be restrained. 

It's this kind of customer service that kills a company and its effort to increase a new customer base. 

I believe RTR is a few hours south of Indy, much closer than Hope.

7 hours ago, teaman said:

I saw a pair of Forte III's for sale on Ebay earlier for $2400 shipped as open box with a small ding. I thought the price sounded good for a pair.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Klipsch-Forte-III-Heritage-Series-Tower-Speakers-Cherry-PAIR-/172868837674?hash=item283fc9212a:g:paAAAOSw30tZtuo3

Not sure if that helps.

Those can't be consecutively numbers, can they? And is one of the labels casting a shadow, like its not stuck to the back like it's supposed to be? 

• Like 2

Are they being made in China or the US? When Thiel were made here in Lexington, I knew some of the employees. They said that Jim Thiel wouldn't let flaws out on the street. If the cabinet didn't finish right, they would smash the cabinet and throw the whole heap in a dumpster. Not saying Klipsch should go that far, but speakers sold as new with stock damage and labels falling off is only going to hurt the company and employees as a whole.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

Are they being made in China or the US? When Thiel were made here in Lexington, I knew some of the employees. They said that Jim Thiel wouldn't let flaws out on the street. If the cabinet didn't finish right, they would smash the cabinet and throw the whole heap in a dumpster. Not saying Klipsch should go that far, but speakers sold as new with stock damage and labels falling off is only going to hurt the company and employees as a whole.  

Did Thiel move from Lexington? 

7 hours ago, teaman said:

You are correct W&T. The right speaker rear sticker is unattached at the bottom. 

Mine are the same. I wiped them down when I got them. A couple days later they had popped up again. I need to glue them down. Must be a problem with the label. Guess I'm not the only one. They sound so good, just not put together well. Disappointed.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

I believe RTR is a few hours south of Indy, much closer than Hope.

Evansville. Couple hour drive. I don't think they'd let me in their headquarters. Would you bail me out @Ceptorman? 😁  Yeah, people used to ask me where they were located when they'd hear them for the first time. I'd proudly say Indiana and Arkansas in the good ole USA🇺🇸 

42 minutes ago, RTR said:

Evansville. Couple hour drive. I don't think they'd let me in their headquarters. Would you bail me out @Ceptorman? 😁  Yeah, people used to ask me where they were located when they'd hear them for the first time. I'd proudly say Indiana and Arkansas in the good ole USA🇺🇸 

Sure....I'll get a bail bondsman :D

I still think Klipsch will make this right, just have to find the right person. Have you exhausted all the normal customer service/warranty routes?

42 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

I am lost. Did the OP ever get his question answered?

I also saw these on CL. My guess is that the grill cloth is either not original or they were left out in the sun. Since the finish looked faded and dry, I am guessing they were in the sun

I answered the best that I could: I attached a sales brochure that said that they were offered in brown or black. There are a lot of people who have greenish colored grills, so I am guessing that they are not replacements but rather they are weathered brown material.

6 minutes ago, RTR said:

Sorry @dtr20 . I shouldn't have taken over your thread.   I got more PO'ed as I was thinking about my finish and I typed without thinking.

My apologies 😞

So start a new thread. Seems several of us are concerned if and when Klipsch is going to make you happy. Is the finish oil or lacquer? You say they were drop shipped, does that mean a dealer was involved? Time to get them re involved if so. Pull PWK's :pwk_bs: button on 'em.

40 minutes ago, RTR said:

Sorry @dtr20 . I shouldn't have taken over your thread.   I got more PO'ed as I was thinking about my finish and I typed without thinking.

My apologies 😞

If you bought them thru an authorized dealer, they should be the ones handling any claim for you. If so, I hope they are a reputable retailer....good luck!

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 6:37 AM, Woofers and Tweeters said:

^This^ 

Whoever has Cherry, be mindful of the sunlight: It will DARKEN the sides that are exposed to the light. If a Cherry board is placed in the sun for a week with an area shaded (another something placed on the board), it is easy to see the non shaded area will be darker - tan lines.

Cherry will darken due to sunlight

Walnut will bleach (lighten) due to sunlight

Cherry darkens for the same reason as maple darkens...high iron content in the wood fibers.  It has nothing to do with sunlight, it has to do with RUSTING...or slow oxidation of the iron within the wood fiber...it tends to turn a darker reddish color over time as the iron content within the wood fiber oxidizes.  That is why the "antique maple" stains are a reddish brown color...if you leave the wood raw or oiled, it will darken all by itself over time.  The problem with applying an "antique maple" stain is that the wood under it wil stil darken over time, and eventually, that with the combination of the dark stain will make it appear almost reddish-black...which is what people find out if they keep a piece of maple furniture which was originally stained to look like antique maple for a long enough time.  For some odd reason, it seems that trees which have a high sugar content, such as maple, cherry, apple, persimmon, peach, plum, etc....ALSO tend to have a high wood fiber iron content..I have no idea why this is...but they all tend to darken with age, with apple wood darkening the least of those listed....and strangely apple wood has the lowest sugar content of the bunch!...go figure!  Have you ever put the end grain of maple or cherry to a belt sander???   Did you smell the "burnt sugar" as it was sanded???

• Like 1