Mostly non expensive CD player, and some NOS DAC

BBZink

For inexpensive that, i went finally with the audioquest, but does it worth it to go with the jitter bug?

still searching for a good nos dac, but for now, result were below what is expected (sound less good than my philips cd350 or hitachi da400 or yamaha universal player) :(

On 2017-09-20 at 9:43 PM, Klipsch-Meister said:

Tpjrs,

I find that my new Yamaha CD-S300BL has great sound and tremendous imaging for the price (Massively discounted to $275 Canadian or $223 USD). 

I'm hearing more ambient sound from the studio and other small details in the recordings than even my expensive, but much older Onkyo Integra DX-708 is capable of.  

The Yamaha seems better as well for solid and tight bass reproduction.

It conveniently runs with the same remote from my Yamaha R-S700 Receiver.

It has an interesting feature called: Selectable Pure Direct Output (Analog Only) for a cleaner signal to your receiver.  I also use this in conjunction with the Selectable CD Direct Amp feature on the Yamaha Receiver for the simplest, purest signal path.

And lastly, it will play files from a USB Thumbdrive or USB type devices.

Main Drawbacks (at least, for me):

The CD-S300BL is much slower to load and respond to commands than many older, full-feature players.

Fast Forward or Reverse is incredibly slow.

It has no headphone jack or variable volume output (but lack of variable output can also mean a cleaner, undistorted signal path to your receiver or amp.)

It also has a tiny minimalist display and only essential controls...no bells or whistles.

Finaly, i have bought the cd yamaha, and yes i have also the universal player from yamaha. CD has greater sound and it is ipod compatible. Great bargind for the buck and since i haven't a real good dvd, it is good to have also the dvd version. Both sound great, but the cd has a greater sounding. yamaha cd player and the dvd version so called universal player are now both there to stay...

thanks for your comment and sharing, if you have any vintage one suggestion, still loved the tda1540 version, sounding so vinyl, but my philips is down, for now....