Klipsch Jubilees and Roy's brand new Xilica Settings

Trentster5172

• Moderators
1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

They're fantastic sounding speakers but not practical for 99.99% of the population.  They're also not advertised so they're popularity for home use is strictly word of mouth.  Audition????  Fogeddaboutit.

Guess we need to get a map together of Jub owners so folks can audition them!  Same thing some say about MWM/402. 

I think MWMs/402s fit in rather good here!  Almost forgot... @CECAA850 you have visited this room 

IMG_3459.JPG

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

We all know Klipsch sells speakers to make money, so there must be a reason why these are not readily available.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  They certainly have a golden reputation by those who have them.

They are actually readily available from me, and you can even come audition them, but the problem in the current form is that the product complexity, shipping logistics, aesthetics that aren't most people's idea of being living room friendly, and for dealers having to be somewhat immersed and personally use them in order to do the product justice in sales and support, kind of makes them a poor choice to just throw up on the website and let any customer buy them and any dealer sell them.  That could be somewhat of a nightmare from what I've seen, that doesn't need to be reality right now.  They are starting to push them more in the residential space though.  Notice the brochure below which was just handed out at CEDIA.  

jubilee ad.PNG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When you look at "high end" loudspeakers from other manufacturers, Jubs really aren't that big, and are much, much less obtrusive than those other monsters, since they fit into the corners of the room:

IMG_1255.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

1197043078_c.jpg

header-trio-classico.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=9450&stc=1&d

JBL-Project-Everest-DD67000-front.jpg

evg2-0.jpg

3fcacd5fee8433f883738685cc22f9dc.jpg

Chris

• Like 5

Just now, CECAA850 said:

Those were the fanatics I referred to;)

I include myself in that group even though I don't have Jubes (or K-horns for that matter).

Listening to my apartment refrigerator sized Khorns right now. You should just give in to the urge.  

Mark

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Trentster5172 said:

My Jubilees smoke my Klipschorns.

Ya know...  my interpretation of that is it's an honest heart-felt opinion.... (and frankly, true)

That said, there was once a day when giving an honest felt opinion like that, would have brought on an attack by some others.  Ironically, most of those doing the attacking back then did so without never having heard the Jubilee's.

It's kind of nice seeing you be able to say that without a bunch of crap being thrown at you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

They're fantastic sounding speakers but not practical for 99.99% of the population. 

They're just as practical (physically) as Khorns...  The company doesn't seem to have a problem selling those to the radicals out there!

The electronics doesn't have to be rocket science....  heck, I got them put together and I'm no rocket scientist!

In fact, I could probably show you a rock or two with more brain power than me!

:o

(no snarky comeback's allowed!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Trentster5172 said:

My Jubilees smoke my Klipschorns.

The good part about such statements is that it is pretty provable.  Regardless of frequency response graphs and distortion measurements, updating the K-horn was the entire reason for the things being engineered in the first place.  I've seen people argue it but it's science and the creators even wrote an entire article about it.  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yes, it's a great room.  I saw it with the other TV and entertainment center.

Big changes since you listened, much much better now, no stinking AVR as a preamp, huge difference, I was shocked at the difference, had no idea what that did to the sound. never again

20 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

The good part about such statements is that it is pretty provable.  Regardless of frequency response graphs and distortion measurements, updating the K-horn was the entire reason for the things being engineered in the first place.  I've seen people argue it but it's science and the creators even wrote an entire article about it.  

PWK had a dream in the beginning of a 2-way Klipschorn.

I'm so happy that he got to realize and hear his dream with Roy's help.

I'm especially happy to have enjoyed owning many of PWK's designs and the Jub especially.

miketn

• Like 1