Klipsch Jubilees and Roy's brand new Xilica Settings

Trentster5172

• Moderators
1 hour ago, mikebse2a3 said:
4 hours ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

They are actually readily available from me, and you can even come audition them,

I'm glad to see a person like you supporting them Cory...!

Thanks,

miketn

Very true, and not just the Jubilees, the whole klipsch line. At a time when you can not find any or very few real audio stores and even fewer people you can trust to steer you in the right direction if you had no idea what you need, there are very few like Cory.

He rarely if ever even says he's a dealer, but is recommended by many  just because of how he is. He will give you good advice, can be trusted and it seems to be more interested in what's best for the customer over a sale or commision. This is rare these days. He would have had the same reputation back when there were many audio stores, just because of how he does business.

Been watching him since he got into this, and only talked with him at Pilgrimages, but I keep up with what he is doing from reports from facebook, customers, Roy and good words from people up the chain at Klipsch, he's doing it right, how it should be done. This makes him stand out, maby not popular with other dealers but if that's the case, they can only blame themselves. 

And no Cory, I'm not kissing up, it's the facts, and I am not the only person noticing.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You can audition Jubilees at my place too - I'm happy to do it if you get near Salt Lake / Southeast Idaho.  @babadono was the first to stop by and I think he was digging them.

Regarding them being the Holy Grail of Klipsch speakers...  I just haven't heard anything better.  Every Klipsch speaker I've owned I always wanted more.  I've owned and sold lots of pairs.  These are the first "keepers."  Anyone that has sold them

that I know of needed cash, had medical problems or some sort of personal issue (divorce, etc.).  I am not aware of anyone that has sold them to move on to something better.  And that's why they will have a special permanent place in my home.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was going to post this before @Trentster5172 chimed in:

17 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Audition????  Fogeddaboutit.

I went to Pocatello Idaho to hear a dialed in pair in a home environment. I was on the way back home from my trip to Wyoming for the solar eclipse. Of course I heard  the pair at Rodney's this past April but Rodney's clubhouse is far from a home environment:) And yea I dug'em. I'm saving up my pennies. Better half was with me, she says when(if) we get a pair of these something has to go. Negotiations continue. Just hope when my funds are available they're still the best speaker Klipsch never made. Also they're going to have to be "dolled up" somehow, but that's just me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They're absolutely desire able as far as I'm concerned.

My biggest problem is room.  I have one room and one room only that could be used for these or K-horns.  The problem is that's where I have my HT.  I've put so much time, effort and money into getting it just right and it's virtually perfect. I'd end up replacing the front 3 speakers AND the cabinet all the gear is in.  The price of admission for me would be much more than the speakers themselves.  I'd also need money for the divorce lawyer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mark1101 said:

One thing I noticed is Klipsch does not "badge" the cinema line.  It would be cool if they at least said Klipsch on them.  I think the Jubs are still better looking than all those large freaky speakers Chris A posted.

And they sound better than the few of Chris's examples that I have heard.

I listened to both the big chrome KEFs as well as a pair of the big Avantgardes last fall at the Toronto audio show and neither did anything for me.

I would never consider trading  my Jubs for ether of those loudspeakers.

I will say the big JBLs (I think they were the JBL Everest DD66000) sounded pretty nice, but still not the huge soundstage that the Jubilee delivers.

• Like 1

I put a pair of "Klipsch Pro"plastic badges on the bottom front of my 684 subs.  They are pretty good size badges and look nice on those subs.

My MWM woofer cabinets are old enough that the woofer doors were painted with simple white block lettering "Klipsch".

20 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Some people love them, some people do not…

20 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

I haven't heard a single person that purchased them say they don't love them!  Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

I think I know who Jim is referring to. 

This gentleman has or has had just about every Heritage and Pro speaker made (Including the 600's and MCM's) He had a set of Jubs when I visited and I wanted to hear them but he did not have them set up which is when I found out he did not "love them" , he will probably never say it on the forum but he did mention it in person.

FWIW I did hear Claudes K402's and his Danley DTS10's  I was blown away by both . I have since acquired a Danley and I have a spare set of MWM's that are waiting for some K402's. I would love to hear some Jubs and I'm pretty sure I would love them but there are 2 forum members I know that don't love them. 1 owns a pair and 1 doesn't.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

That's the beauty of it, this  DSP is actually pretty affordable considering what you're getting.  Even full MSRP is like $1,140.  A DX38 in great shape is often $1,500 on eBay, it's out of warranty, and you might need two.  Just got to where it didn't make sense anymore.  These new Xilica units have more PEQ bands, more powerful processors, double the processor speed on the sampling, a 31 band graphic EQ that I believe didn't exist before, twice the inputs and outputs, it's current, in stock, under warranty... and it's cheaper.  And it's approved.  

I was thinking the 4080 was like $3500 retail?   Which DSP are you referring to at that price?   The 4080 sure has some great specs

6 minutes ago, Max2 said:

I was thinking the 4080 was like $3500 retail?   Which DSP are you referring to at that price?   The 4080 sure has some great specs

You can get the XP on amazon for $1210  but I would certainly go with Cory as he has the presets and from what I can tell superior support :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah the XD is the more expensive version.  Supposed to be nice due to the FIR filters but that's a little above the pay grade of most people.  From what I can tell, that's the biggest difference, XP is more or less XD without FIR filters.  However, it still shouldn't be $3,500.  The price sheet I have says $1,775.  Even if that's a little outdated, it shouldn't have doubled.  There is an 8080 version that gets closer, but still nowhere close.  Most expensive device they make is the U1616-D at $2,850.  

• Moderators
54 minutes ago, Gnote said:

I think I know who Jim is referring to. 

This gentleman has or has had just about every Heritage and Pro speaker made (Including the 600's and MCM's) He had a set of Jubs when I visited and I wanted to hear them but he did not have them set up which is when I found out he did not "love them" , he will probably never say it on the forum but he did mention it in person.

You're right he does not really care for them, they are in a wide but shallow room, I don't think he really ever set them up as they should be, plus had buzzing problems with a turntable at one time which I don't think was ever fixed ? The room is about 20' wide and 10-12' deep and the jubes were in front side of khorns in the corner along the long wall, it's a really tough room for speakers. I tried to get him to move them into the bigger room but he really likes what he has in there now.   

We were there for almost a week recently and he is thinking about selling them, I told him figure out he wanted for them, someone may be interested?  I really wish he would give them a try in another room, but he is sentimental about his old favorites which is fine, it's really whatever makes him happy.  I do love giving him a hard time and he expects it by now, we have traveled together many places and always have a good time even when it got crazy and dangerous at times, but always fun.