Klipsch Jubilees and Roy's brand new Xilica Settings

Trentster5172

1 hour ago, Max2 said:

So what is retail these days for a set of  Jubs?  I'm guessing a little veneer on the front really steps it up.

Yeah walnut looks really good and is much cheaper and more durable than cherry, that's a safe choice.  Check your PM's.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dtel said:

You're right he does not really care for them, they are in a wide but shallow room, I don't think he really ever set them up as they should be, plus had buzzing problems with a turntable at one time which I don't think was ever fixed ? The room is about 20' wide and 10-12' deep and the jubes were in front side of khorns in the corner along the long wall, it's a really tough room for speakers. I tried to get him to move them into the bigger room but he really likes what he has in there now.   

We were there for almost a week recently and he is thinking about selling them, I told him figure out he wanted for them, someone may be interested?  I really wish he would give them a try in another room, but he is sentimental about his old favorites which is fine, it's really whatever makes him happy.  I do love giving him a hard time and he expects it by now, we have traveled together many places and always have a good time even when it got crazy and dangerous at times, but always fun. 

You are right and if I remember correctly Hardwood floors facing a bunch of windows. 

I bet he's a riot to travel with !  He really had a passion for Klipsch , it saddens me that he doesn't come on the forum much anymore :(  . I don't know him very well but I really enjoyed my visit and the couple of conversations  we've had. 

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, 32blownhemi said:

LOL, and just when I thought it was the bottom... Excuse my ignorance but what are MWM's? I did a search to no avail...  

To see them with the 402, see pic on this page my wife posted, it's the oak bass bins in this pic.......page 3 of this thread

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, 32blownhemi said:
4 hours ago, Coytee said:

As long as you don't hear something like the MWM's, I'd say you're at the bottom of the rabbit hole.

LOL, and just when I thought it was the bottom... Excuse my ignorance but what are MWM's? I did a search to no avail...

OK my opinion here....

I would say if you can get jube bass bins over the MWM's do it. I use the MWM and have plenty listening time on Jube bass bins at a friends house.

Very similar sound but I think the Jube may go lower, just a guess I don't really know. Plus the Jube is much smaller, really not much of a bigger footprint than a Khorn. Either is great but I am not going to try to :pwk_bs: anybody MWM's are BIG, I love them but even after 8 years with them, there is no way to explain them but huge.

Look at that pic on page 3, that room is 24' wide and 18' deep to the sofa.

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gnote said:

I bet he's a riot to travel with !  He really had a passion for Klipsch , it saddens me that he doesn't come on the forum much anymore :( 

He is fun, we have had a really good time over the years, either at our house or his, or on the road. My wife and I have been on many cruises, trips to the mountains, on rental pontoon party boats in Fla, kayaking and other places together with him and his GF. 

He might read here sometimes but usually busy, he got into working with production companies setting up concerts and other shows, I guess it's a production company, or a few of them ? not positive how that works, he tried to explain it to me.

But you're right he is a riot, and we have fun. 

• Like 1

Do they need corners?  No- not at all, but I am seeing/hearing excellent performance in frequencies below 40hz by cornerloading mine.  If you check my REW screenshot on the first page you can see I'm hearing things very well down to 25hz which is pretty remarkable.  20hz can still be heard, but it starts to get pretty quite.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Md5150 said:

I thinking mwm's are in my future. 

If you can get to Knoxville, TN area, I have two of them (dual drivers each) that do NOT have any drivers....that you could have for free.

So, for the cost of the drivers alone, you could have a nice foundation.

• Like 4

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Coytee said:

If you can get to Knoxville, TN area, I have two of them (dual drivers each) that do NOT have any drivers....that you could have for free.

So, for the cost of the drivers alone, you could have a nice foundation.

This is exactly how we got hooked on MWMs, thank you @mark1101!  

By the way, seeing that herd of deer when we woke up the next morning was awesome. Tell Kim I said hi!!!

Oh,and deer aren't much higher than road hazards....  I wish they could disappear from around where I live.  Heck, we have 15/20 in the field in front of the house nightly and my dogs (which we walk on leash at night) think their droppings are little grapes or something and go after them....