Klipsch Jubilees and Roy's brand new Xilica Settings

Trentster5172

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Coytee said:

Oh,and deer aren't much higher than road hazards....  I wish they could disappear from around where I live.  Heck, we have 15/20 in the field in front of the house nightly and my dogs (which we walk on leash at night) think their droppings are little grapes or something and go after them....  

Be prepared...Elden and I are determined to drop in on you one day during our travels!  We've discussed it several times. 

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

If you can get to Knoxville, TN area, I have two of them (dual drivers each) that do NOT have any drivers....that you could have for free.

So, for the cost of the drivers alone, you could have a nice foundation.

As much as I'd love to have the double bins I don't think I could get them through my 30' doorway without taking a sawzal to a couple walls.. I've done some crazy shit so you never know! 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Md5150 said:

As much as I'd love to have the double bins I don't think I could get them through my 30' doorway without taking a sawzal to a couple walls.. I've done some crazy shit so you never know! 

Looked at your profile pic after that comment....I'm not convinced yet. :lol:

20170404_193537.jpg.8ac6b886aca65d06e043

• Like 3

• Moderators
21 minutes ago, Tasdom said:

Looked at your profile pic after that comment...

I see what you need instead of more mains, you need a good sub, I say good as in horn loaded. I say this because when I first got the MWM's I fried a direct radiator sub in a 5 cubic foot cabinet, it was fried in like 3 minutes trying to keep up with the mains. 

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:56 PM, Md5150 said:

post-22904-13819829372058.jpg

Uh, is there some photoshop involved here?  Claude, did the MWM come up that high on your waist?  Your right hand looks small.

No doubt, I've heard MWMs side by side compared to Jubes with same track going......MWMs were awesome.  BIG foot print.

Granted, When I heard the Jubes at Hope this past year in a barn and not in corners, they sound even better than I remembered.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

This is exactly how we got hooked on MWMs, thank you @mark1101!  

By the way, seeing that herd of deer when we woke up the next morning was awesome. Tell Kim I said hi!!!

You are very welcome.  Kim and I still owe you guys a king cake.  Haven't forgotten.

The deer and other animal friends still come for their snacks we leave for them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mark1101 said:

I don't know who this belongs too but I sure like this a lot. 

That's my setup. The 2 pairs of Cornscala's are now on the back wall not in use. They are awesome speakers but I'm probably going to sell them to help pay for more horn loaded bins, just need to make my mind up on what's next.

Mike.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, canyonman said:

...why hasn't Roy or someone else done with Khorns what he and Cory are doing with Jub's now?

There's a lot of reverence for the Khorn itself if you haven't noticed.  The fact that it has stayed in the product lineup should tell you something after the "Khorn II" (i.e., the Jubilee) was first released for home use in ~2006 about 4 years after PWK's passing.  It's the only Klipsch loudspeaker that basically hasn't changed since a "new and improved" version was developed.  The Khorn is clearly the remaining tribute to PWK, and I expect that it will stay in the product lineup as long as most of PWK's acolytes still work for Klipsch.  The fact that it still remains in the lineup is something of a mascot for the company.  It seems difficult to imagine a Klipsch without it.

Additionally, the Jubilee was apparently originally envisioned to use a DSP crossover by Roy, et al., while the Khorn has never had a DSP-based crossover to my knowledge.  The only instances of DSP-based crossover use with the Khorn that I'm aware of all come from customers that have converted them.  This is also true of the other Heritage and consumer products--they largely haven't used DSP crossovers, except for the newest "The Sixes" and other table-radio-type products ("The One", etc).  It's the heritage-Professional products (behind the screen) that are largely marketed assuming DSP crossovers as the standard installation configuration. For commercial cinema, this is typical practice.  It's only been in the last few years that this practice has become accepted in the consumer marketplace.

I'm sure that the settings that you use or that Greg Oshiro posted are as good or better than any that could be developed from within the anechoic chamber because your and Greg's settings were custom tailored for the rooms that they were measured in, correcting for room response below the Schroeder frequency of each room.

Chris

On 9/21/2017 at 8:07 AM, jwc said:

Uh, is there some photoshop involved here?  Claude, did the MWM come up that high on your waist?  Your right hand looks small.

No doubt, I've heard MWMs side by side compared to Jubes with same track going......MWMs were awesome.  BIG foot print.

Granted, When I heard the Jubes at Hope this past year in a barn and not in corners, they sound even better than I remembered.

Gotta be photo shopped . No way that that MWM comes up that high, more likely comes up to where your butt and thigh meet .

His right hand is that small but he likes it because it makes other body parts look bigger :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gnote said:

Gotta be photo shopped . No way that that MWM comes up that high, more likely comes up to where your butt and thigh meet .

His right hand is that small but he likes it because it makes other body parts look bigger :lol:

Claude is leaning over and resting his arms on the cabinet its just a trick if the eye. there is no conspiracy here.