Heresy II

thebomb

I just got a pair of the Heresy II with serial # 8667339 and 8667340. Could you please tell me when these speakers were manufactured. Looks like they were in the middle of refinishing these birch cabinets and gave up due to a water mold stain on the top of one cabinet. I have used bleach in the past to rid the mold patches like this before. Is this  the best way or is there a different way do fix the wood problem.

• Moderators

This will help you identify the year your speakers were manufactured

https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/161759-klipsch-heritage-codes/

There are several members that have refinished speakers. Hopefully a few of them can address the mold stain issue on your cabinets. 

Ahhh, the speakers look like plant holders. I would just carefully and down the cabinets to bare wood (remember, it's thin veneer, don't go through), use an oak rejuvenating oil (Howard's restore a finish), and finish it off with some type of protectant, like a wax (Howard's) or an oil.

Thanks for the input, a long time ago I made 2 4 way 15 bass speaker cabinets made out of birch veneer and sanded down at end with 400 grade sand paper, then used steel wool at end. I used Tung oil, about 4 coats, if my memory serves me, using fine steel wool after each coat. I could spill a beer on them for a whole day and just wipe up with no damage at all They were the most beautiful speakers I have ever seen. Wish I had a picture of those speakers. What are your thoughts on using that method? .