Crossover schematic: K-510 horn in a two-way

PrestonTom

I couldn't find a passive circuit for a K-510, only active PEQs. The original settings and resulting net PEQ curve for the K-69-A on a K-510 horn are shown below for reference.  There are 8 PEQs that are used:

59bef02d732f8_K-510K-69-APEQsfromXConsole(Roys).thumb.PNG.7436e243361fa220817d3f67572fcf5f.PNG

Chris

My question is a simple one. Is there a schematic for a passive crossover for  a two-way using the K-510. 

Although I appreciate the benefits of a DSP solution, that is not an option in this particular application. 

Regarding the notion that the horn needs "correction" is silly. It is very simple:  the network needs three things 1) adjusting the gain for differences in efficiency between the tweeter and woofer, 2) attenuation at the crossover point and 3) a high frequency boost because it is a CD horn (constant dispersion). 

I know that you are smart enough to understand this. I assume your misleading comment about it being a POS unit simply indicates some agenda that you might have (and that I am not interested in). 

Please let's stay on topic.

Tom,

The reason why I posted the PEQs is that Bill Waslo's XSim freeware app can calculate the on-axis response for a given passive network (that you've built up within XSim) if you've measured a driver with horn using something like DATS to record its impedance vs. frequency.  It's even simpler than other graphic-based analysis packages out there--and it's free.

I've got a .zma file for the K-510/K-69-A that XSim uses--in case you're interested in trying to develop your own passive schematic.  If you then know what the on-axis correction PEQs are for the horn+driver (like I posted above), you can approximate a passive network that gets much closer on the first try.

Chris

Chris, Thanks. I am comfortable setting up a DSP crossover. However, I would be a fish out of water setting up an analog version. I know enough to know that it can get complicated.

I was hoping someone had already done this. I thought I remembered seeing something in the past....