Jubs clones gets top hats

justinsweber

So my clone Jubs came out of finishing today.

Almost ready to play again.

These are clones wernt made by me. I did tear them down to wood again, reglued the doghouse and resealed her. 

The Crites 12" woofers (K22/K24 compatibles) were bolted back into place and I remade a new wiring harness. 

There are doghouse doors on top and bottom. The top door now holds the binding posts and there is a corresponding hole cut into the top hat.

ALK was kind enough to revist his ESN500 for Jubs and redid simulations. 

The project came with the Fastlane Eliptrac 400 and Faital HF200s so they were reused. 

The horn is fully glued in likely will never be removed again. 

I had to head to work before I could finish this. I love the look. Instead of looking like a science project, she now looks mighty respectable. 

I do have access to the famous 223 tratrix but the increased size and need for 3way operation dissuaded me. 

Deep down my favorite systems are 2way and this is the summit for that use.

My wife has threatened to end me if I try to bring them in the house, but life without risk is boring .

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 1

So just setting by ear before being in and measuring. 

Basic table cloth math was 94db for woofers. +3 for parallel +3 for folded horn. Meaning 100db cab.  Maybe wrong on this. 

The HF200 says it's 109db. 

So I went for 9,0.  Cat Stevens doesn't have bass like that.  So then I went t 6,0. Daft punk and Cat Stevens showed more bass than it should. 

Went to 3,0 sounds about right but ear started to itch.  Next it's 6, -2. Seeming very close. 

IMG_0811.JPG

3 minutes ago, justinsweber said:

They don't sit well with me.  I like the kiss approach. Passives are my instance. 

Schubert your too far from OC right? Doing a shootout with my la scalas and jubs tomorrow at 10am.  

Anxious to hear your review. I've done the same shootout with my passive Jubes vs. stock LS. I won't spoil your fun. 

(Jubes win)

On 9/17/2017 at 9:39 PM, justinsweber said:

life without risk is boring

Thing to do here....send your wife to a spa....

Then sneak them in and setup as best you can for looks.

Then go to the BMW dealership and get her a white BMW.

Works every time.

jc

• Like 1