Klipsch KPT-8001-T Cinema Surround Speakers - $165 (Dallas)

TasDom

17 hours ago, teaman said:

Only $74 apiece for these at Guitar Center ad they will ship to a store near you. 

Why, Tim I think those would look great in your living room!  (heh, heh)

I like the giant Klipsch Professional logo on the front.  Your speakers should make a statement about the kind of person you are. 

And Tim, a Klipsch Professional is certainly the kind of person you are.   :D

klipsch pro speaker.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Why, Tim I think those would look great in your living room!  (heh, heh)

I like the giant Klipsch Professional logo on the front.  Your speakers should make a statement about the kind of person you are. 

And Tim, a Klipsch Professional is certainly the kind of person you are.   :D

klipsch pro speaker.png

If that is the case, I will have to add my KP-250's to that room since they share the same Klipsch Professional signage!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2017 at 12:20 AM, Tasdom said:

I got these.  They actually had FOUR of them so I got all four!  I'm debating whether I should use them and sell my other surrounds (pair of S-2 surrounds and pair of S-10s) or try to sell them and keep my current surrounds.  I have a feeling these would blend better with the LaScalas so I'm leaning toward keeping them unless someone else wants them bad enough to make me an offer I can't refuse.

13 minutes ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I got these.  They actually had FOUR of them so I got all four!  I'm debating whether I should use them and sell my other surrounds

I'm not familiar with the KPT-8001, Pat.  The CL link you posted 10 minutes ago is already dead.

+++

I don't know if you should keep them, but they sure look like a step up from consumer grade speakers.  I say let your ears be your guide.

Just now, wvu80 said:

I'm not familiar enough to know what those are, Pat.  The CL link you posted 10 minutes ago is already dead.

+++

I don't know if you should keep them, but they sure look like a step up from consumer grade speakers.  I say let your ears be your guide.

The picture of the speaker was in my post.  The model number was in the subject of the main post (Klipsch KPT-8001-T Cinema Surround Speakers)

2 minutes ago, pat_in_dfw said:

The picture of the speaker was in my post.  The model number was in the subject of the main post (Klipsch KPT-8001-T Cinema Surround Speakers)

I saw the pic and later saw the model in the link.  You were faster reading than I was writing.  B)

They look awesome for surrounds.

KPT-8001_635042281266370000_medium.jpg

They look like an evolution of the KPT-100's with an upgraded titanium tweeter diaphragm.  I noticed that the upper frequency cut off is 17k which means they probably have the x-curve built into the crossovers to protect them.  it can probably be defeated but someone like Bob or Dean would have to look at the schematic to tell you how.

1 minute ago, CECAA850 said:

They look like an evolution of the KPT-100's with an upgraded titanium tweeter diaphragm.  I noticed that the upper frequency cut off is 17k which means they probably have the x-curve built into the crossovers to protect them.  it can probably be defeated but someone like Bob or Dean would have to look at the schematic to tell you how.

They are THX certified, so the response curve and frequency response corresponds to the THX requirements.  Yes you CAN defeat the crossover and other things that give it the unique frequency response, but it wouldn't be a THX surround speaker at that point.  To be politically correct, Klipsch marketing calls it "controlled coverage and standard SMPTE/ISO 2696 X-curve de-emphasis"....lol.

1 hour ago, pat_in_dfw said:

I got these.  They actually had FOUR of them so I got all four!  I'm debating whether I should use them and sell my other surrounds (pair of S-2 surrounds and pair of S-10s) or try to sell them and keep my current surrounds.  I have a feeling these would blend better with the LaScalas so I'm leaning toward keeping them unless someone else wants them bad enough to make me an offer I can't refuse.

Nice Pat! Always good to see the alerts section serve it's purpose.

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I would think minimum requirements.  I also think the de-emphasis is more to protect the tweeters than to make them sound better. 

This article does a decent job of explaining the THX response curves and why it was done.  

http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_2/feature-article-curves-6-2002.html

19 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I noticed that the upper frequency cut off is 17k

which means they probably have the x-curve built into the crossovers to protect them. 

I believe the upper limit of the K-77 tweeter is 17K.

18 minutes ago, pat_in_dfw said:

This article does a decent job of explaining the THX response curves and why it was done.  

http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_9_2/feature-article-curves-6-2002.html

Good article.  From the article " Or in simpler phrase, we perceive sound in a large room to have more treble".

In the home environment I wouldn't think the x-curve is desirable.

20 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I believe the upper limit of the K-77 tweeter is 17K.

???  What does that have to do with this speaker?  I'm afraid you've lost me.