Combining Klipsch RP & RF for a 7.2.4 setup?

MassiveG

I'd like to thank all of you that helped me decide on a receiver in a previous thread, I think I'll be powering all this with a Denon AVRX6300H.  ^_^ 

Currently, I have a 5.2.2 setup that I'm looking to upgrade to a 7.2.4 system.  (right now it's L/R Klipsch RF 7II, center RC-64II, surround RS-62II, atmos RP-140SA and 2x SVS SB2000 subs.)

I LOVE the reference line, but I feel like using RF 7IIs as rears would be overkill and I considered using two more RS 62II but being bipoles I wasn't sure they'd make for great rears.

Could I use my old RP-260F as rears or would it sound mismatched because they're RP and not RF?

I feel moderately satisfied with the RP-140SA, I feel like adding two more could make a big difference but if I wasn't impressed by two RP-140SA...  Maybe I should put in the effort of CDT-5800-C II or CDT-5650-C II?

The square footage is roughly 17x20.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

7 minutes ago, MassiveG said:

I LOVE the reference line, but I feel like using RF 7IIs as rears would be overkill and I considered using two more RS 62II but being bipoles I wasn't sure they'd make for great rears.

Could I use my old RP-260F as rears or would it sound mismatched because they're RP and not RF?

The following is an opinion from someone who has not owned the speakers you have.  

I think "yes" to using the RP260F as rears.  They will not play the same content as the L/C/R and timbre matching is not important in RR and RL as long as they are quality speakers as your RP260F obviously are.

7 minutes ago, MassiveG said:

I feel moderately satisfied with the RP-140SA, I feel like adding two more could make a big difference but if I wasn't impressed by two RP-140SA...  Maybe I should put in the effort of CDT-5800-C II or CDT-5650-C II?

I don't run Atmos but I have read from others that the 4 presence speakers sounds much better than two, so I think you are on the right track here as well.  I don't know anything about the CDT speakers.

You have a great setup.  Making the additions you are talking about should complete your first-class system nicely.

• Like 1

Rear surrounds are not as important for timbre matching as it is with the front LCR. I personally use towers for my side surrounds and I use bookshelfs for my rear surrounds. I happen to own two pairs of the rp-140sa atmos modules. I bought one pair for the front and I kind of liked it. I moved them to my side speakers and angled a pair of bookshelfs in the front, ran the setup and was amazed. I immediately ordered another set.