Replacing fuses in subwoofers

Wayne Erdman

I'm in need for a replacement fuse for my RSW-10d subwoofer.   It's a 5mmx20mm glass one marked as T6.3AL250VP.   Many of my local  electronics stores have gone out of business and the only one left in my area doesn't have it in stock but has it online listed without the L or P in the markings.  What do the L and P mean?  Now I'm trying to find the closest fuse to the original online.  Will T6.3AH250V work?...or for that matter a ceramic version?

Thanks for any input!

Wow, even LittleFuse does not explain their part markings very well:angry2: Nearest I can tell L means glass body, H means ceramic. P at the end means lead free. I really doubt that any fuse nowadays contain lead. So you can ignore that. I think that the T6.3AH250V will work. But like CECAA850 says, probably it is going to blow. Sorry to say.

19 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Typically fuses don't just blow.  Once you eventually find a comparable fuse don't be surprised if it blows as well.  You probably have a short in your amp. 

Sounds like I'm going to haul this thing off to the local electronics repair shop...and then there's one online specifically advertising  repairs on this model.  Thanks again.

18 hours ago, babadono said:

Wow, even LittleFuse does not explain their part markings very well:angry2: Nearest I can tell L means glass body, H means ceramic. P at the end means lead free. I really doubt that any fuse nowadays contain lead. So you can ignore that. I think that the T6.3AH250V will work. But like CECAA850 says, probably it is going to blow. Sorry to say.

Looks like a job for the experts.  As I told CECAA850 off to the repair shop I go.  Thanks to you too.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Erdman said:

Sounds like I'm going to haul this thing off to the local electronics repair shop...and then there's one online specifically advertising  repairs on this model.  Thanks again.

If you're referring to Edwards Electronics on e-bay, many here have used them.