Forte II etc

matt Laff

Pity that I am in Phoenix. 

I would advise using them for a month or two and then deciding on disposition. It may be that you would like them.

if not, then Dave has anecdotal data on relative worth in varied and distinct locales, as stated above.

• Like 1

Second the "suggestion" to give 'em a listen for a couple, three weeks or so.

Your dad was on to something with these.

The speakers are worth two kegs of beer, premium or domestic, icluding deposit, depending on condition. The amp is worth two party pizzas but may be worth keeping too as it looks to have some beef in it.

Match the red and black from the speaker to the receiver (Sony box). Front Left and Front right. If you get one backwards it will still work but will sound a bit weird. The 3rd speaker would be called a Center and looks like that is listed as a Surround speaker on the Sony. This is entirely optional and may or may not work depending on the setting of the receiver. To get music it sounds like you'll have to hook up your phone or ipod. You'll need a 3.5mm (headphone jack) to RCA cable. Then plug that in to the back. Shouldn't matter much which one as long as you have that selected it'll work

1 hour ago, matt Laff said:

Thanks so much everybody, got them up and working with my phone and tv. Now only problem is some light static randomly on the left speaker at certain volumes! 

Now we're cookin'!  Good job getting those up and running.  It seems simple but it's confusing if you haven't done it before.

+++

Static:  There are a couple of things that could cause that static.  It could be in the speaker itself or it could be in the Sony receiver.  I doubt the problem is with the phone or the TV.

Speaker:  Reverse the speaker wire from the left to the right and see if the static follows the wires or of the static stays with the speaker.  Then we'll know how to troubleshoot a little further.  That static might be something that can fixed fairly easy if it's in the Sony.

• Like 2