Sold - Jubilee Clones -

justinsweber

Time to sell off the summer projects.

These are clones of Klispch Jubilee

I went through these completely and built new top-hats to hold the elliptical midrange horn. We brought them back down to the wood. All joints have expanding glue used to ensure tight panels. 2 12” Eminence woofers per speaker are bolted to the doghouse. Wired in silver-plated hookup wire. Bass bin binding posts are on the top doghouse door.

The high frequencies/top hat houses the Fastlane Audio Eliptrac with a Faital HF200 2” compression driver. ALK Engineering designed an extreme slope network (ESN) crossing at 500hz.

Simply put these are the finest speakers I’ve ever heard. My wife has made it clear that they are not welcome in the home and as such they must go.  Priced to sell quickly. $3,300

Justin 323--868-9722

Can aid with road freight transport.

FullSizeRender[3].jpg

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

• Like 3

The VPI 299 is a beast. It belongs to my good friend Pere. It's a rectified el34 integrated amp.  What's not to love ;-). 

The wife has had a nice rock. The shop has my royal speakers which are big monsters too.  The Jubs just take size to the next level. It's like having 2 khorns, and a belle for center fill and a horn sub for the lows.  It's that impressive. I think ALKs crossover makes this combo so good. I k ow the HF200 and the eliptrac. This is more!

I consider my self lucky in that my wife says little about hifi spending but I do get the eye-roll and "so what are you selling" when $$$ become "how much" are those? Plus we have a big downstairs where I can comfortably place any speaker, Jubes, so as not to clutter up the living area. As they say - it all comes out in the wash. 

7 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

Just tell her it's shelves for knit knacks and collectibles.

The problem was that with the layout of our bedroom we couldn't open/close the door to the bedroom so I had to put the Cornwall in FRONT of the end of the dresser.  She didn't like that.  We ended up moving to a new house this summer that has a wider wall and now I have Forte's.  I wish I had kept the Cornwalls, but I didn't have much choice at the time.

20170327_103818.jpg

I still will own 2 pair of cornscalas and 1 pair of heresys. But the jubs really don't fit in my SoCal home.  My Royals (JWC punch based are in my studio for the Co. The Jubs are the best I've heard but just to monsterious.  Now I know.  There is a size limit.  Didn't think so before. 

On 9/24/2017 at 11:31 PM, justinsweber said:

The Jubs are the best I've heard but just to monsterious.  Now I know.  There is a size limit.  Didn't think so before. 

Directed more at a casual reader than you Justin...

The Jubilee's were originally designed to replace the Khorn and keep the same footprint.  If you put Khorns in a corner and Jubilee's in a corner, that metric was met from a physical perspective.  (they DO look monsterous, especially with the huge K402 on top) but still.....  if someone has room for Khorns, then they would have room for the Jubilee's.

(just trying to guard against a casual reader thinking they're mega-monsters when in fact, they can easily be interchanged with Khorns and how many thousands of Khorns are out there?)