4 Klipsch MCM-1900 Stacks - VT - Up For Grabs!

Frzninvt

• 2 weeks later...

I went and looked at this set up they are double bass bins I thought I saw four sets.  I bought the HIP's they will need some cleaning up and a respray but they have the huge EV EVM -12L (K-42) woofers.  If you are looking for a killer setup get a big trailer and some friends cause that is one hell of a speaker system for the price.

Glad you were able to pick those up, Chuck. Did you deal with Scott (Perron)? I don't know Scott personally, but went to school with his older sister, Tammy.

Funny, the ad says, "From the old Skateland in Essex." The old Skateland was in Williston, started in the 1974. We had a lot of fun skating back then. I had never seen or heard of Klipsch speakers before then, but after that first listen, knew I would have a pair one day. A cool piece of local history.

• Like 1

I think it was the owner or part owner of Omega electric that I met and picked up the Heresy HIP's from.  The must have been contracted to remove it.  For the investment this system would make Jubes seem like Heresy's.  Four complete MCM-1900 stacks seeing them up close was amazing I could have easily spent more time checking everything out.  When this was set up I bet it sounded incredible.

Anyone on the fence should jump on it, I would be willing to help sort it out and load some of it.

• Like 2

On 9/20/2017 at 1:36 AM, Frzninvt said:

He just offered me the entire system, speakers, amps, processors, mixing board, cabling for $900

:o $900 OMG! If I were closer than 3000 miles, like say 1000, my wife would learn to love them:) The whole neighborhood too, including the horses.

Wouldn't this be a kick-azz system for Rodney's clubhouse?

They're certainly big.

The (woofer) drivers alone cost 'about' $250/each so you'd have $500 (per double bass) bin just to replace the drivers.  You're paying for drivers in two bass bins and the rest is free!!!

Value is simply how you skew your look at something.

The bass bin with 402 on top will (in my opinion) crush the Jubilee.

Two 12" drivers in 'big' horn verses two 15" drivers in 'huge' horn....  yeah.... 

The sound is absolutely effortless.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ZEUS121996 said:

1000 miles 16 hours each way

Rental is the killer 39.95 + 1.19/mile

I've gone further, for less.  

What kind of rental?  Do you have a truck you can drive, then pick up a U-haul trailer for a one-way trip?

5 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

As you knw, there will be more.

For the ones who hasn't been able to check the MCM out: the difference in Khorn and Heresy is about the same difference in MCM to Khorn. 

I once explained to a friend the MCM's  made his LaScala's (which I sold him) and my LSI's sound like a clock radio :lol: