Klipsch Cornwall 3 duration, how long they last?

Miracle1980

Hi all,

I'm a super happy owner of Klipsch Cornwall 3 speakers since 2 years now. My question is this... I'm listening music everyday (2 or 3 hours per day) and i was wondering if/when i should do any kind of maintainance on the speakers. Is there something to ''check/replace'' at certain point? How long these speakers will last?

Thanks

Welcome,

With proper care they will last indefinitely.  Decades from now the capacitors in the balancing networks (cross-overs) might need to be replaced.  Other than that, there is nothing to wear out.  You will want to occasionally confirm that the tweeters are functioning.  Some put a towel over/in the squawker horn to better isolate the output from the tweeter.  Others use a cardboard tube, such as a toilet paper tube, to listen to the tweeter.  If you want to occasionally check something, check the tightness of the connections at the networks.

• Like 1

rotate the woofers every ten years is a good idea also gets you inside for a visual. Suspension sag is not a reported problem with the K33 but it is still a good thing to practice rotation. Install fresh electrolytic capacitors some time after 25 years is a good plan and they will see you to the grave and entertain your grand children.

"rotate the woofers every ten years is a good idea also gets you inside for a visual. Suspension sag is not a reported problem with the K33 but it is still a good thing to practice rotation. Install fresh electrolytic capacitors some time after 25 years is a good plan and they will see you to the grave and entertain your grand children."

+1

Good speakers last and last.  I had some JBLs that now live with a friend that are going strong after 50 years.  That includes crossovers, despite the advice to change caps every 25 years, or so.  I have some EVs, with x36 crossovers, that lived with me for 10 years, then got used every day at SFSU for 21 years, then came home and have been providing TV sound in our bedroom for the last 14 years, for a total of 45 years, no cap changes, and sound fine.  My Khorns are mere babies, having served for 23 years, then had all the guts changed except for the K33E woofer (same as in the Cornwall 3) for an AK4 upgrade in 2005.  All of these speakers have been played for several hours per day, except when we went on vacation, and on weekends for the ones that resided at SFSU for a while.