Heresy III - $500 - Eugene, OR. - Possible Scam Warning?

mungkiman

That is a minimalist ad.  Too good to be true, especially if those pics have been lifted.

The average re-sale price for Her3 is $829.  The lowest price I have is $700, high is $1100.

@Khornukopia hasn't posted here since Aug 25.  I'd like to hear from him that it is not his speakers before I flag the post.

11 minutes ago, dtr20 said:

Someone call! 

I just sent an email from my throw-away email account.  I'll report back if I hear something.

"Can you take a picture of the label?  I would like to know the model and serial number so I can figure out what finish those are.  I am very interested."

3 hours ago, mungkiman said:

@Khornukopia ?

EDIT: ^^^ Not sure why that didn't format...

If you start with the @ sign and then don't complete the name right away, ie if you leave and come back to it, the name is there but there is no link.

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

If you start with the @ sign and then don't complete the name right away, ie if you leave and come back to it, the name is there but there is no link.

The issue this time was my using a formatted (instead of direct) link. I didn't know about the time lag issue, but this nets the same result.

5 minutes ago, mungkiman said:

The issue this time was my using a formatted (instead of direct) link. I didn't know about the time lag issue, but this nets the same result.

Makes sense.

I've found if I backspace the letters back to the @ sign the drop down menu will reappear.  I always choose from the drop down menu even if I've typed all the letters.

+++

UPDATE: Still no word from my email I sent to the Seller.  I'll keep checking but I'm not expecting a reply to my request for pics of the label.

• 2 weeks later...

I just signed in and received notifications from you guys about this thread. The CL ad that you directed me to see has been removed, but I get the impression that someone used a picture copied from this Forum. The picture in the first post at the top of this thread is a picture of one of my speakers, but I am not selling any of my speakers. If I ever do, I would post here on the Klipsch Forum. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Khornukopia said:

I wish that people would stop using pictures of my speakers in their ads. Is there a way to flag or report that CL ad?

Yes, within the ad, there is a word "prohibited", that should show up blue as a link.  Click on it, and get as many of your friends and neighbors to do the same.  With enough reports, the ad will be flagged for deletion.