Ellis Family Home Theater sale

NBPK402

Since I have pulled down my theater due to us moving to Mexico... I have decided it is not worth it to ship the panels. I have 12 of these and I am looking for $25 each or $100 for all 12. They are made with Roxul and covered in black or blue GOM. They are in good condition, and just need to be dusted off from the dust of the deconstruction. Local pickup only (Concord California).

I also have a Panamorph u451 anamorphic lens. The Panamorph has a chip in the lower corner (which is not noticed as it is out of the view of the light pattern)...other than that it is in excellent condition. It goes for over $4k new, and I picked it up as it is now for $1200 about 2 years ago. I am looking for $900 plus shipping.2294ec994b0158f2bc95b6b88361c0c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
San Miguel de Allende

Price reduced... we plan on moving next week so please...someone pick these up. I would like these to go to someone who will appreciate what these Can do to your audio setup.

It could cost more than 25 a piece to build these yourself!  Sounds like a great deal if you are close enough to pick up. 

Good luck in San Miguel de Allende!  I got curious and looked at the cost of living... sounds like some places in the midwest but then there is the climate.  

• Like 1

It could cost more than 25 a piece to build these yourself!  Sounds like a great deal if you are close enough to pick up. 

Good luck in San Miguel de Allende!  I got curious and looked at the cost of living... sounds like some places in the midwest but then there is the climate.  

Where we are moving the weather is 40f-70f year round. It is at 6000', with a dry climate which should be excellent for my asthma, and allergies.

On 9/22/2017 at 1:08 AM, ellisr63 said:

San Miguel de Allende

My dad and ex step mother lived in San Miguel De Allende from 2003 to late 2005 I think it was.  They had a beautiful house with a 2 lane olympic length swim pool, pool house, etc., but sold it and moved back to the states after someone poisoned and killed one of dad's German Shepherd's.  I remember him calling and saying "the next time you see me, you may be visiting me in a Mexican prison after I find the (insert many expletives here) that killed my dog."  Not long after that, they moved back and bought a Prevost and traveled the US for a couple of years.  Then divorced not long after.  But that's another story....

Pretty place, he said, but....  (not going to get political with his remarks about the country)

Picture of pool/guest house and view of San Miguel from him.

guesthouse.jpg

overlooking San Miguel.jpg

• Like 1

Nice looking city.  At 6200 feet, it will be comfortable.  Why are you moving and why San Miguel de Allende? 

We have been thinking of moving to a place with a cooler climate for the last coup.e of years, and recently we have not liked the way the Country is going with all the hatred, and decided to look at other Countries to relocate too. Since I am retired Mexico makes it much easier to move to, and live comfortably on my retirement income.

• Like 2

My dad and ex step mother lived in San Miguel De Allende from 2003 to late 2005 I think it was.  They had a beautiful house with a 2 lane olympic length swim pool, pool house, etc., but sold it and moved back to the states after someone poisoned and killed one of dad's German Shepherd's.  I remember him calling and saying "the next time you see me, you may be visiting me in a Mexican prison after I find the (insert many expletives here) that killed my dog."  Not long after that, they moved back and bought a Prevost and traveled the US for a couple of years.  Then divorced not long after.  But that's another story....

Pretty place, he said, but....  (not going to get political with his remarks about the country)

Picture of pool/guest house and view of San Miguel from him.

guesthouse.jpg.2f05dda1cd1c5627cb4524c8df2930d6.jpg
59d29884c35c8_overlookingSanMiguel.jpg.ef3ea069cd02cfa499db6e1b87f5d70a.jpg
Wow that is a beautiful location and home! We are looking at getting a custom made home eventually, but it will not be that nice of a place as your parents had.

I have thought similar things, but I would do it more for the adventure, though retirement $$ do go much further south of the Rio Grande. Peru and Ecuador come up often.  I had not considered central Mexico, because of the country's rep for drug violence and government corruption.  Yet, it can't all be that way, people couldn't live. 

I lived in Mexico for several years and it is my second home.  There will be some cultural adjustments but, I guess that is going on in the good old USA.    Changes in this nation have never occurred peacefully or quietly.  If I could do it, I would relocate to another Nation and for go the BS going on in supposedly America, the land of liberty, lol.

• Like 1

I have thought similar things, but I would do it more for the adventure, though retirement $$ do go much further south of the Rio Grande. Peru and Ecuador come up often.  I had not considered central Mexico, because of the country's rep for drug violence and government corruption.  Yet, it can't all be that way, people couldn't live. 
From everything I have read from XPATS living in San Miguel the crime is no worse than any City in the USA. You need to be aware of your surroundings just like you do when walking around in the USA. I was there for only a week earlier this year and everything appeared to be safe, people were friendly, and at no time did I feel unsafe. We will see how it is when I return there in a few weeks,.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Update... We have been living in San Miguel since November, and we love it! We just moved into a rental house for the next year while we look for a house to buy. Everyone is friendly, it is safe, weather is nice and cool with a hot day being in the 70s. In the summer a hot day is high 70s to low 80s, and getting down to the 40s at night. No air conditioning even needed...hot out side, walk indoors, and it is cool just like air conditioning is on. We dont even have a fan.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, ellisr63 said:

Update... We have been living in San Miguel since November, and we love it! We just moved into a rental house for the next year while we look for a house to buy. Everyone is friendly, it is safe, weather is nice and cool with a hot day being in the 70s. In the summer a hot day is high 70s to low 80s, and getting down to the 40s at night. No air conditioning even needed...hot out side, wa,k indoors and it is cool just like air conditioning is on. We dont even have a fan.

I'll eventually be moving to either Puebla, Cuarnavaca or Huatulco. Cuenavaca is the best weather in the world, 55 at night and 85-90 in the day. If a cloud appears you take a picture of it. Puebla I have quite a few Mexican friends, Huatulco, the same. Huatulco is always hot, Puebla can get cold 40 at night.Congrats on the move, I'm jealous

Mark

• Like 1

I'll eventually be moving to either Puebla, Cuarnavaca or Huatulco. Cuenavaca is the best weather in the world, 55 at night and 85-90 in the day. If a cloud appears you take a picture of it. Puebla I have quite a few Mexican friends, Huatulco, the same. Huatulco is always hot, Puebla can get cold 40 at night.Congrats on the move, I'm jealous

Mark
That sounds great! We wanted a cooler weather, and we got it since we are over 6000'. I really love the clay brick walls that are 1' thick...my opinion might change when we get our real home and I have to tune the HT. [emoji4]