Klipsch SW-115 or R-115SW

qwank

Planning on getting a new subwoofer this weekend. I have two local choices. 

Klipsch R-115SW, new in box. No warranty. $550

or 

Klipsch SW-115, Used for $325. 

They will be used in a 5.1 system, mostly movies and video games. KG 5.5 fronts and KV3 center.  

Is the R-115SW worth the extra $225? It looks better, but does it performer better? 

Thanks. 

I found the SW subs to be muddy as all hell.  I had the opportunity to get a 12 for $250 new in box with warranty at one point and passed for a Polk DSW.  The R-115SW's I have not personally heard, but from what I've seen of them (in discussion and in specs) they should be worth that extra bump in price.  Question though, if it's new in box, why no warranty?

On 9/22/2017 at 1:04 PM, Grizzog said:

The R-115SW is a great sub. I can't speak for the SW-115 though. I did own the SW-311 which was also good, but didn't go very deep. I'd recommend getting an R-115SW both because of its performance and availability of parts if anything happens.

Thanks for all the advice guys, I bought the R-115SW.  

Grizzog, doing some searching on here it appears to be your old subwoofer. It's no longer New in box, as I have it setup and working right now.  :D

• Like 1