When is a Klipsch no longer a Klipsch?

DizRotus

I suppose, for purists, it would depend on whether Klipsch sells oem replacement parts or has authorized others (Crites?) for parts no longer available through Klipsch. I belong to a Ford group which loves all things Ford, but one cannot join if their "Ford" has a GM engine. The matter will be decided by the market if those products ever go up for sale. Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Zim. said:

Did you purchase your TAD drivers through Klipsch? 

Though I didn't, there were (I forget how many) 5-7 people who bought them through someone Roy referred them to.  In fact, if I recall, Roy had them at the plant and during a get-together, they took them home after handing Roy a check for them...   so some folks "obtained them on the property of the company" but it was a personal transaction kind of thing.  

(hard to recall all the details, it was near 10 years ago)

It's just fun trying to give him a hard time.

• Klipsch Employees
On September 24, 2017 at 11:30 AM, Coytee said:

Somewhat of a rhetorical question...somewhat of a smart-azz question...

So, if someone buys a Jubilee which comes with the (then) K69 mounted to the K402...and buys a TAD-4002 driver to replace it....and plugs in the Roy provided PEQ's...  I'm guessing it's no longer a Klipsch....so would I be able to sue Klipsch for selling me a false product?

:emotion-14:

(you can just tell me to shut up if you want, I can take it)

:emotion-21:

You are such a bonehead. Who did the settings and passive schematic for the tad?

It is a silly question and debate, like tubes vs SS, etc. and I usually ignore these but I will bite again. 

Two sides to this. 

The speaker is a Klipsch speaker, even if you change some components.  People who buy Heritage are the same as car or motorcycle guys who like to modify their toys.  That is part of the fun of owning old Klipsch speakers.

But if I were Roy, I would not want someone to associate my name with a modified speaker as they might turn it into garbage and blame Klipsch or "show it off" and scare others into thinking that Klipsch is that bad.  I had someone butcher one of my contracts and it was an embarrassment.  I was brought in later and I had to make a point of telling everyone that this was not my work as anyone who understood how a proper agreement should be drafted would think that I was a hack or somehow forgot how to do my job.  It looked like my document, but was complete crap and I was pissed that someone would think that I did the butchery, so I understand Roy's position. 

• Like 3

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:23 AM, DizRotus said:

Referring to the, what I would describe as heavily modified, La Scalas  I did for the high school, my motivation to replace a missing badge was to introduce hundreds of students to the high efficiency low distortion dynamic sound of Klipsch.

Does this make me an accomplice? (I supplied the replacement badge). I knew hanging with you low life, high school band aiding peeps would get me into trouble.

I can't speak for Paul, but I would think that Klipsch Corporate appreciates the advertisement. I don't doubt those are the best sounding speakers many of those kids ever heard, just like the La Scalas I heard for the first time when I was their age. It stuck with me. Now I'm up to my neck in Klipsch (some modified)!

• Like 2

On 9/23/2017 at 6:23 AM, DizRotus said:

Later Klipsch used Monster Cable.

In 1985, while spending a day in Hope as PWK's guest, I saw a pair of Khorns in the hallway with Monster Cable. I asked Paul about it. He said: "It's a waste of good copper just to drive a 30 Gauge voice coil." It was a move by MARKETING at the time, not required by engineering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chief bonehead said:

I did say it but I was quoting paul. 

Thank you. Hope was somewhat of a fog but I would have sworn we had a short conversation where in describing my since sold  modified KHorns I fully admitted they were no longer a Klipsch design and you agreed. The fog has lifted ----

12 minutes ago, richieb said:

Thank you. Hope was somewhat of a fog but I would have sworn we had a short conversation where in describing my since sold  modified KHorns I fully admitted they were no longer a Klipsch design and you agreed. The fog has lifted ----

As I'm the present owner of these modified Khorns I totally agree. Never thought they were.

Frankly,  based upon my experience with K400 horns, I'm very happy they're not original. I do appreciate the factory standard bass bins. Could not be happier with them. 

Mark

6 minutes ago, cincymat said:

As I'm the present owner of these modified Khorns I totally agree. Never thought they were.

Frankly,  based upon my experience with K400 horns, I'm very happy they're not original. I do appreciate the factory standard bass bins. Could not be happier with them. 

Mark

Damn - I thought I fooled you with my fast talk and slick sales techniques. ?!?!

3 minutes ago, richieb said:

Damn - I thought I fooled you with my fast talk and slick sales techniques. ?!?!

You're pretty slick, but just not that smooth!  

Frankly, I never would have never bought stock Khorns. Yours were/are perfect for me. 

Are they Klipsch?  Don't really care.

Mark

Just now, cincymat said:

You're pretty slick, but just not that smooth!  

Frankly, I never would have never bought stock Khorns. Yours were/are perfect for me. 

Are they Klipsch?  Don't really care.

Mark

Since I never popped the hood on those amps I can only hope they are truly nCores?!! Even I'm not that slick! And you've already said I'm not very smooth ---- (enjoy)

R