JUB Clones on Ebay

kg4guy

What I found a bit odd is the ad says the sale is for a pair in black, not the beautiful veneer the pics show.  It looks like the nice grills and veneer are available at additional cost.  

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that, I just found it a bit confusing what he has for sale and why.

...and mechanically fastened in their construction and the sale blowout price for a set in basic black paint is $1300.00.  

...there are many upgrades available at an additional cost such as exotic veneer fronts, veneered false tops to hide the driver hatches, covered speaker grills and veneered sound openings.

It is false advertising to brand his DIY's as "brand new Klipsch."  They are not.  

Item specifics

Condition:
New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is ... Read more
Shape: Horn
Brand:

Klipsch

Well maybe Bob Crites can comment according to him he has a pair "I have sold sets of these speakers to New York and to Alaska, and the well known crossover and speaker builder Bob Crites has a pair of my Jube bass cabinets that he has tested to over 130db of volume with no cabinet resonance. "

I have a pair of their cabs and from what I ve been told some people have tested them who have Jubs, and they are so close its almost exact. His Dad is an extremely competant speaker builder and tester who has built scores of different types of speakers. I think the up charge for the veneer is around 125.00, they also can build grills for a very fair price.