Verticle Cornwall 9 out of 10 condition

Dave A

Hoping to spare someone what I went through today. If you see a listing like this in Alabaster Alabama beware. represented in the listing as Walnut and condition 9 out of ten. Hooked up and ready to play. So I drive the 320 mile round trip. I get there and the son had supposedly taken the Monster cables and so they could not be played. Of course there were no others available either. The husband left in "anger" over this before I got there and the poor wife is left to show me. Well they are walnut laminate and yes it was a good job but hardly walnut. They wanted a thousand which I would have paid for an honest listing. Who knows but what the husband was not just hiding upstairs and this was their excuse to not have to play them. I offered 500 and quickly reconsidered and offered nothing and left the pestilential flea ridden house to the proud owners of the bogus Cornwall listing. You have been warned.

Hey folks they are relisted on Letgo. Listing says Helena Al and pickup in Alabaster Al.  Here is the text. Read what I saw in person and have a laugh at what they said again. Really hope no one believes them and buys these out of ignorance. These should be CLNO (cornwall laminate not oiled) and not CWO.

73 Klipsch Cornwall Speakers $1000 firm

Cornwalls are an American audio icon.
73 Klipsch Cornwall, rare Vertical horns and Alnico tweeter and squawker.
THEY LOOK AND SOUND BEAUTIFUL

Rare gem pair of Klispch Cornwall. They were made in 1973 with vertical horns and risers. Model CWO (walnut).  The squawker and tweeter have Alnico magnets.
Drivers:
K-77 (Alnico tweeter)
K-55-V (Alnico Squawker)
K-33-P (woofer)
Condition: I would give them 9 out of 10. Amazing after 44 years The grills and emblems are perfect. I took pictures of everything, you can see how nice they look and every flaw too, you will love them. Everything is original. The grill cloth (cane) is wrapped around the front plywood that the drivers are mounted into and it is not removable.
They sound phenomenal; with hard to find vertical horns, the squawker and tweeter are mounted vertically and the woofer is off set. The speakers can be used upright or on their sides.

These 1973 Vintage Cornwalls might possibly be the best loudspeaker made.  Google them and read the reviews.
Pick up only in Alabaster