Sub for Jubilee's

Md5150

Looking for alittle help on what subs I should get that will go best with my Jubilee's for music. I went and listened to a table tuba with a 8' sub today and it sounded kinda flabby. It seemed more of a movie sub than music. The bigger version with the 15' might be another story or just more of what I heard. I want a sub that has fast- tight kick drum bass and I'm willing to give up alittle bottom end for better chest thump. 

Right now I am considering these:

Tuba THT low profile. 

Danley dts-10

Danely spud

JTR Orbit shifter

Will consider any other DIY builds that might do the job. Appreciate any advise.

Thanks,

Mike. 

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Zim. said:

The 1802 is bigger, better, and available now.

http://www.klipsch.com/pro/cinema/cinema-subwoofers

The 1802 would be cheaper than adding more front speakers like you were thinking at first. Also either the 1802 or 1502 blends perfectly with the Jubs since they are both horns. Either model is something totally new, a vented horn. 

This weekend and last night we tried the 1502 with both the MWM/402 and the Forte ll HT, sounds great with both. I am really surprised at the quality of the bass, it's what I first noticed. As the volume went up it never sounded strained or like it was being pushed. Last night we tried a BR movie, X-Men Apocalypse, we had the volume a little loud and when a loud and bass heavy scene came on we all were surprised. It was Roy my wife and me, we just looked at each other, I hollered to Roy if I should turn it down and he said NO, it's cool. I think Roy never heard it in a house with a movie, we were all just smiling. 

A few minutes later I paused it and asked him, is it OK like this, I don't want to blow it up. He said he read the Crown XTI 1002 can put out 50 volts bridged and the driver can take 70V, so as long as I don't clip the amp i'm good. I need to replay what we did last night to see where the lights are on the crown are to have an idea how much power that was, I was distracted and didn't look, but I know there were no red lights flashing, I wonder if there is more, not sure it would even be a good idea ? :o

When he left this morning, he said be careful, I said no you be careful you're the one driving and he said, no I mean don't go deaf then smiled. :o

This is by far the best I have ever had and it's all because of Roy and people on this forum making it happen.

If anyone want's to hear let us know. 

On 9/24/2017 at 3:55 PM, Md5150 said:

Looking for alittle help on what subs I should get that will go best with my Jubilee's for music. I went and listened to a table tuba with a 8' sub today and it sounded kinda flabby. It seemed more of a movie sub than music. The bigger version with the 15' might be another story or just more of what I heard. I want a sub that has fast- tight kick drum bass and I'm willing to give up alittle bottom end for better chest thump. 

Right now I am considering these:

Tuba THT low profile. 

Danley dts-10

Danely spud

JTR Orbit shifter

Will consider any other DIY builds that might do the job. Appreciate any advise.

Thanks,

Mike. 

Any of the above will work fine. If you choose the JTR get the LFU version.

If the BFM Table Tuba sounded sloppy it was a placement, setup or build issue and not the design itself.

1 hour ago, jason str said:

If the BFM Table Tuba sounded sloppy it was a placement, setup or build issue and not the design itself.

It could have been placement and that it was only an 8' driver and im used to the slamming bass of my jubes. The build quality looked great.

3 hours ago, Coytee said:

I want to hear it can you either:

A:  Crank the bejeezus out of it for me

B: bring it with you on your next trip to TN?

:emotion-21:

With regards to Option A - are you expecting to hear/feel the 1502 from somewhere in Louisiana to your place in Knoxville? Without casting dispersions on Chiefs design chops this seems quite the stretch. BUT if you do, I'll take one ----

• Like 1

12 hours ago, babadono said:

And the 1502 and 1802 are equal frequency response wise but the 1802 is capable of higher SPL? Is this what I've heard correctly?

I haven't seen the specs on the 1502 as its not a production model yet.  Only Roy knows for sure but my guess is that the 1502 will have slightly less extention AND output than the 1802.   In a home however it should be a non factor.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I haven't seen the specs on the 1502 as its not a production model yet.  Only Roy knows for sure but my guess is that the 1502 will have slightly less extention AND output than the 1802.   In a home however it should be a non factor.

If my memory is correct, I remember Roy saying during our conversations about the 1502 during the time of the pilgrimage was they had achieved an extremely close frequency response that extended as low as the 1802 with just 2db to 3db less max spl output.

miketn 

• Like 1