itunes 32khz insteak of 44khz?

BBZink

Good evening,

Something strange happen with my macmini tonight, it was a while since i use my macmini in spdif optical, normaly i use the usb, but tonight when i try my old fiio dac to test it in spdif optical, nothing play correctly except 16/32khz instead of 16/44khz, any clue why?

regards

Your old Mac Mini should be able to send 24/96 through the digital optical (mini-toslink) output.  I'm not sure what FIIO dac you have, but the $24 one on Amazon uses the same Cirrus Logic CS8416 digital receiver as my DAC, so it should be able to lock at 44.1 thru 96 khz.  When I connect my MBP to the DAC via mini-toslink, digital-out becomes an option in the Audio Midi Setup application, and I can select any bit depth and speed from 16/32 to 24/192.  Try selecting 2-channel 24/96.  Then in iTunes, select digital-out as your output device.  Should work.  Core Audio on the Mac should upsample any audio file to 24/96 and stream it to the FIIO.

1 hour ago, pbphoto said:

Your old Mac Mini should be able to send 24/96 through the digital optical (mini-toslink) output.  I'm not sure what FIIO dac you have, but the $24 one on Amazon uses the same Cirrus Logic CS8416 digital receiver as my DAC, so it should be able to lock at 44.1 thru 96 khz.  When I connect my MBP to the DAC via mini-toslink, digital-out becomes an option in the Audio Midi Setup application, and I can select any bit depth and speed from 16/32 to 24/192.  Try selecting 2-channel 24/96.  Then in iTunes, select digital-out as your output device.  Should work.  Core Audio on the Mac should upsample any audio file to 24/96 and stream it to the FIIO.

This is what i do, but for a strange reason, when it play 16\44 it plays and make stich stich all the time, but when i put it in 32 loud and clear! Maybe bitperfect mess up, and i have removed it or it is the other software audirnoise? maybe some set up, stay in place after removal. 

But when i put back my henry audio usb, no trouble, but with toslink, not working i could set up higher, but it sound like an fm radio out of tune...

i have try with my mac air, but no toslink on new version....

Ok, Bitperfect is a new wrinkle you didn't mention before.  It will over-ride any settings in Audio Midi Setup - i.e. hog mode - so if you are using Bitperfect, forget everything I said above.  I'm not to familiar with this app, but you can enable/disable it to see if it helps.  Or check the Bitperfect preferences to see what it has for "output device" and SRC/up-sampling options.

Withdraw Bperfect and audionirvana, still the same, until i find why or that i finished mounting my second my mini, i will go in usb. After transfering macmini, will reinstall and format this macmini and then will see if it still stuck on 32hz

regards

and thanks for your help, seems software has invade private part of my macmini...

I use Audirvana too, if that's what you mean?  If so, check the preferences to make sure the output device is correctly selected under "audio system".  I was going to suggest to look at the 'forced upsampling" options under the 'audio filters' tab, but there is no 32khz option, so I don't know what is selecting 32khz on your system,  keep me posted.

So far, with the new sierra high update, it messed all, it is 30 hours it try to reboot with no luck...

i don't know it it's my 50000 pic of familly that mess it, or it just won't work! anyhow, the new high sierra, alot better on mac air, but not a success so far with mac mini!

i definitely have to dustoff my other mini that use captain at max to have again an entertaining center... :(

Sad day for my hifi today!