Loving this sub

dtel's wife

• Moderators

@Chief bonehead  gave dtel and I his prototype 1502 sub and came down this weekend to help with the install. While he was here he made some other adjustments to our system. 

I want to give Roy a big thank you for the sub woofer, help with the install and adjustments to our system. More importantly I want to thank him for the new found love I have for our gear. 

I am so impressed with the performance of this sub woofer. The only way to describe it is "musical".  It takes bass to a whole new level.

We put the sub through its paces by watching X-Men Apocalypse. The sofa was literally vibrating!  We walked outside to take a break and the exterior walls were shaking. 

IMG_5731.JPG

IMG_5733.JPG

IMG_5737.JPG

• Like 17

• Moderators
1 hour ago, derrickdj1 said:

This sound like a lot of fun.  I am glad to here you guys had a good time!

@derrickdj1 it's always a lot of fun when we all get together. We usually try to meet up regularly, probably once a month or so. Sometimes it's @kharmondds, sometimes here and pretty often @Chief bonehead's because we go to Hope, AR regularly to work on the museum.

A huge shoutout to @MetropolisLakeOutfitters for his generosity, quick service and friendship. If you guys are looking to purchase any gear talk to Cory. He's an authorized dealer for Klipsch, as well as an authorized dealer for other audio gear!  

We needed help with the sub install and it was dtel's birthday weekend so it worked out great that we all got together here. 

Guys, this sub is amazing. It's really difficult to describe. Very musical. The bass is tight, clear and concise. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, dtel's wife said:

Guys, this sub is amazing. It's really difficult to describe. Very musical. The bass is tight, clear and concise. 

I can only think of one other place that sub would be at home - yup, my house. Very glad both of you are happy with it and please tell @Chief bonehead he needs to make me one. :)

I love when something new makes you rediscover music that you already have and using it for movies is icing on the cake.

Who did the finish? It looks really good.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Ole Dollar said:

I can only think of one other place that sub would be at home - yup, my house. Very glad both of you are happy with it and please tell @Chief bonehead he needs to make me one. :)

I love when something new makes you rediscover music that you already have and using it for movies is icing on the cake.

Who did the finish? It looks really good.

@Ole Dollar, I'm hoping these go into production soon. 

The finishing work was a joint effort between Elden and I. We had to mix two stains together to get the color we wanted. Of course, he did the actual finishing "work"!  

• Like 1

Someday I'm going to have a sub like that....:D

Actually at the last pilgrimage it dawned on me that some KI-396 combined with this sub would be a killer setup for the home..!!!!

Especially if Cory @MetropolisLakeOutfitters could get some custom options that we have seen a couple of times.

Anyone who heard this demo from the last pilgrimage knows what I'm talking about....;)

miketn 

20170428_123601-1.thumb.jpg.833eb154efe122334c2853c12af93b7b.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Youthman said:

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the first pic.  Who else has a sub large enough to serve as the entertainment center except for you two.  LOL.  That's awesome Christy!

Ahh... @Turbox  https://community.klipsch.com/index.php?/topic/147802-klipsch-kpt-1802-hls-horn-subwoofer/&page=3

Oh my mistake his are 1802s......:o

1 hour ago, dtel's wife said:

@mikebse2a3 I was thinking the same thing this morning. Those 396s paired with this sub would be an awesome home set up. 

This sub was raw birch when we started. Elden did some finishing work on it. Stained and added veneer edge banding. Here's the before. 

IMG_5646.JPG

Sweet! Did you do all the finish work over this same weekend? Are you Superman? Curious how much edge banding did it take?