Brown grill cane for LaScalas built from 1" ply

longdrive03

Muel, sorry don't have pics of the back but I can call my friend and ask him to send.  

Schu, I'm no acoustic engineer but the fabric does need to be transparent to some degree.  This stuff has a lot of smaller holes and doesn't muffle the sound at all.

You don't wanna use my grandmother's quilt I still have (and use).  

I used 1/4" baltic birch ply with neo magnets to hold in place.  This cane material is ticker than the black fabric material and won't bend as smoothly around the edges as the black fabric.  

Muel, yep 1" BB ply.  Heavy as crud.  My friend wanted it that way.  Very heavy and solid.  Need a sharp blade on tablesaw because multiple layers of glue between plies slows down blade.  

HDRbuilder recommends only using 1" on the sides and says its not necessary on the doghouse since it  doesn't have open unbraced area like the sides.

When I put veneer just on the outside and top of my Scalas  I noticed it stiffened up the sides a LOT. I can not make them move at all while before it was easy and moved a lot. I think I might have put finishing nails in the sides before veneer I cant remember now. Does anyone have stock Scalas to show the movement when you push in and pull out on the sides?